Oct 28, 2023

FRIDAY NIGHT SPINSTER SHENANAGINS


We won the hockey game against Mercyhurst!

And thanks to a lovely woman I watch on the Instagrams, I now have what will likely be the end of me. I have been struggling with my afternoon cold brew concoctions, but have finally found afternoon cold brew bliss...white chocolate peppermint! A tiny little splash of the creamer (less than 40 calories), an even tinier splash of the sugar free peppermint syrup, and...omg...heaven!

(Betty, before you go batshit on me and tell me how I shouldn't have this and then monitor every single thing that goes into my mouth, may I please remind you that this afternoon cold brew is a TREAT that I enjoy with my scented candle and my stitching in the early afternoon when all I want to do is think about how completely happy and content and grateful I am to be blessed with such a beautiful and lovely little life, so just get off my back, sister, and let a Spinster live, will ya' please and thankyouverymuch?)


My Irish take on the Pitt Panthers today in what promises to be the perfect Fall afternoon. Current temps are in the low 50's and the sky is heavy and grey. I've got the Irish duds on, the laundry sploshing away in the laundry sploshing machine, and a big stack of newspapers and stitching to keep me company.

Happy Saturday, Dearies! I hope wherever you are is swell and that you are enjoying something wonderful! Come tell me all about it!
 

3 comments:

  1. As a fellow sports-watcher, I can share news which is most welcome and remarkable in my neck of the woods, though probably incomprehensible in other necks. South Africa, last night, won the Rugby World Cup against formidable opposition and did so pretty darn well. My throat is sore, my every muscle feels as if it had played a leading role in 80 minutes of serious exertion, and I couldn't be happier! Talk about enjoying something wonderful ... !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to win a hockey game isn't it? We are Sheffield Steelers fans and went to a game last night on my husband's birthday. You will probably read/see it on your sports news. It will be memorable in a bad way.
    I need to set my laundry slosher going too.
    Re the coffee A little bit of what you fancy does you good 🇬🇧 saying so enjoy.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tell that busy body Betty to go mind her own business! How empty her life must be to have to be so engrossed in yours. I feel sorry for her....You go girl!

    ReplyDelete