Sep 8, 2023

WE'RE HEADING INTO THE WEEKEND LIKE A HERD OF TURTLES, DEARIES!

It's not much of a dent...more of a ding actually...but at least I was able to get the chair cleared off in the cube room studio. If I feel compelled to do so, I might start to tackle the wall of cubes later...maybe just taking it one cube at a time.

After my cleaning extravaganza, I decided to treat myself with a new start. Here's a little progress on With Thy Hands from Teresa Kogut...an absolutely gorgeous chart booklet, by the way!


My sister and I spied this project on the Instagrams and were immediately smitten. Thanks to Aunt Chrissy's direction, I was able to purchase the .pdf at Etsy and then go to the Michael's for the wooden ornament form and the new DMC matte cotton thread. This is going to be a great little fun project to throw into a purse as a take-along, and the price was just right...$6 for four wood ornaments, $1.29 per skein for the thread, and $4 for the download!  The name of the designer is stitchsprout, and I can't wait to go check out what else she has to offer!


And then, just as I was making my way to the checkout at the Michael's, I spied this little guy and he jumped into my cart before I knew what hit me. Remind you of anyone?

 Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to crochet this weekend!

It's 61 degrees outside and kind of misty/drizzly, so I am enjoying another cup of damn good before I get on with the day. It's been a wonderful morning....here's to a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Fun projects! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so much fun to start something new!!!

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cube room looks fantastic, Coni! What fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new projects! So much fun! As for the cube room, a little progress is much better than no progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your projects look so fun! It is a treat to start something new. Hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband gives me grief about the “mess” in my craft room. I tell him I am a Creator and I need my tools and materials around me for inspiration and that I know where everything is. Now that last part may not be entirely true, but after 42 years he does understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how one small thing or area tidied up and looking neat makes you smile and puts a spring in your step. I need to declutter my entire house I think ;D lol

    ReplyDelete