Aug 30, 2023

WEIRD DAY


 

Yesterday was decidedly...odd. I was up early and thought it might be one of those lovely productive days, but the wheels came off the bus when I upchucked my breakfast and then ended up back in the big girl sleigh bed with what felt like the flu.

Then, I woke up for what I thought would be a nice quiet lovely productive evening, but I spent it fretting myself into a panic attack instead because my phone died and no matter what I did, I could not revive it. I was particularly nervous, because Rich was over on campus and I was left to my own devices and had no way to call or text.

So I calmed myself down and decided to watch a movie and stitch to take my mind off of things, and selected a rather unfortunate film given my earlier tummy troubles, a dead phone, and being left to my own devices.

Note to self: Instead of assuming that a movie called The Menu starring Ralph Finnes is going to be about a chef...READ THE DESCRIPTION.

Needless to say, by the time the damn movie was over and I had upchucked the scrambled eggs I had made for dinner and then cried like a three-year old who lost her cuddles, I was just...spent...from the drama of it all and headed to bed.

But I did manage to finish a section on Spring Medley so that I can go to Guild next Saturday and be right on track.

So I've got THAT going for me.

I did manage to fix my phone without having to go to the phone place. You push the volume up button, the volume down button, and then hold the on/off button and...viola'. You're now an apple Genius and can get your polo shirt and stand at the apple Genius bar.

Time for a shower, and then some toast, I think. In terms of stitching, I think I might play in my WiP basket to see what strikes my fancy.

Happy Futzingday, Dearies! I hope your Tuesday was not as fraught as mine! What's blowing your skirt up today? Come tell me all about it!


4 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better! You did have a bad day! Mine was so uneventful I can't remember it LOL It did storm for several hours last night. I watched Doc Martin and stitched. This evening will be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its "funny" how lost we feel when we forget our phones or they don't work. I panic too when it happens.
    The Menu surprised me too. Weird movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🎶 You put your right foot in . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, I hope you are feeling better today. Spring Medley is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete