Aug 9, 2023

THE DONALDSON REPORT, BY THE SPINSTER STITCHER HER VERY SELF

Dearies, I arrived home yesterday afternoon and am happy to report that the Donaldson Effect is still providing me with blissful joy and peace. There's just something about four days of stitching with and laughing with and visiting with and enjoying the company of extraordinary people.

I had two finishes! The first is Come Tarry by Shepherd's Bush:


 I had completed everything but filling in that last hill, so I got to it on Friday afternoon and then added all of the little buttons and her little braid and bow and it was FeeNee!

On Saturday, I decided to play with Baked Alaska from Glendon Place. I had finished all of the stitching quite some time ago, but had never added the beads.

So I did:

I stayed up late and was pretty bleary-eyed by the time I stumbled back to my room, but the finished result was worth it! FeeNee Deaux!

The final project I played with was:

All of the stitching is now complete on this one, but I'm pondering some heavy beading. Inspiration struck to do so when I realized that I had a ton of beads left over from Baked Alaska, and they just happen to be the perfect colors and size!

That canvas is from Kirk & Bradley, by the way.

Today I'm going to try to get my little wits about me and unpack and tidy up my toys. I kinda dumped everything inside the door in a heap, so now it's time to put things right and get organized.

Happy, happy Futzingday to one and all! Come tell me all about your neck of the woods. What's blowing your skirt up today?

9 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing weekend! The finished pieces look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made my day .... so happy that you have had this
    well-deserved, wondrous time... Great finishes. Heritage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your beautiful finishes! Glad to hear you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive weekend! I'm so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on the 2 finishes, Coni! So happy to hear you had a fabulous time in Donaldson! Heading down the road today to attend stitch group! Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are back! I looked forever for this site and the system said that it no longer existed. Hooray! Cannot wait to hear more of your daily doings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love LOVE all the needlepoint, especially the Alaska. I love counted stitches. And who can go wrong with K&B! I would love a weekend like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great feeling when you get old wips/ufos finished.... and of course it also means you can start something new too right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Come Tarry!

    ReplyDelete