Aug 20, 2023

IN WHICH WE HEAD TO THE POOL



I suspect that a good portion of the upcoming week will be spent in the water while wearing sunscreen and a hat, Dearies. As much as I would love to take to the big girl sleigh bed for the duration, my Jersey Boy reminds me that fresh air and sunshine, when taken in small doses, are both very good for one's general disposition.

Phooey.

I would prefer to stay inside the cool confines and stitch, to be honest. I am enjoying the little cross stitch piece I have been playing with, despite some un-stitching last night:

As you can see, the words on the left there are misplaced. I started them with the "e" in "little" off of the wrong hump of the "m", so out they came and the gap was closed in short order. No big deal...just enough frogging to keep me humble, I suppose!

As soon as I finish my second cup of damn good and solve the Sunday puzzles I'm going to thread up and see what fun develops. I hope your very own Sunday is lovely and cool and stitchy and calm. What's on your q-snaps today?

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens!
    I have been spending between 1-3 hours outside every morning before it gets hot. I must say that I think it has added to my well-being. We have deer, many many birds and my favorite hummingbirds to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitch looks good even though you had to frog, Coni! Enjoy your pool time before it closes down for the year. Fall Blessings by Lila's Studio is in my q-snap for the week.

    ReplyDelete