Aug 2, 2023

DONALDSON...HERE WE COME!






 

I am sooooo excited to be able to return to the Sit and Stitch this weekend down in Donaldson, Indiana! This is a retreat that has been in existence for many years. I was lucky enough to go several years ago, but haven't been back in a while. It's held at the Lindenwood Retreat and Conference Center at Ancilla College, and we stay in what I think was a dorm or a convent at one point. It's four days of nothing but stitchy/crafty love and the opportunity to drink in the inspiration and amazing spirit of some incredible women.

So Yours Truly is going to buckle down and get things done today and tomorrow so that I can be fully prepared to leave bright and early Friday morning! Baseball tonight with the Notre Dame Club and then tomorrow I see The Bean Team to have a check-in and update on how I'm behaving myself. I'm down twenty pounds since last visit, and have been working hard to keep on track, so hopefully I will have a good report for you!

Cheers, Dearies! Come tell me all about shenanagins in your neck of the woods!

12 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Exciting times! And congrats on the weight loss, especially with the hot sticky weather discouraging activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stitchy retreat sounds perfect! Enjoy! Excellent job on the weight loss.

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty pounds less Spinster than last time? That's impressive. You've earned your lovely Retreat, and we look forward to seeing and hearing about the stitchy results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the weight loss!! That is excellent! Have a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the weight loss, Coni! Have a wonderful time retreating this weekend. I look forward to hearing all about it upon your return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stitchy retreat sounds heavenly. Lucky you. Enjoy all that creativity. Congrats on the weight loss. Hard work but worth it. Trying to stay cool here in Wisconsin. Could be our last day of heat for a while. Then I can stitch on the patio again! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all fronts, and good luck at your check-up appt. Can you tell me please, that needlepoint canvas poking up in the bin with what looks like GIANT flowers...who is that by? Love it ! Safe travels and have fun Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is the way to go.... Clearing the home decks, getting
    approbation from bean team then on to celebrate the avoir du pois
    loss by attending the stitching gala. What a fun-filled plan. You
    deserve all that joy, Coni. Prayers for safe round trip travel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Retreats are so much fun and inspirational for me too. I have one coming up in a couple weeks. Great news on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the weight loss! Well done! And have fun. I'm envious of your retreat. I would love something like that, but weekends are impossible. Not enough pianists at church. It's often a two mass playing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We traveled past your town this weekend. I thought about seeing if you wanted to meet up for a cup of damn good, but hey! you were out of town too! - Kathy P in Pttsburgh

    ReplyDelete