May 30, 2023

LET THE SUMMER SHENANAGINS BEGIN!


I feel like the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity, but the truth is that I only left the house on Saturday for Mass and dinner! (At least I think so. Things are all mooshed up in my brain.)

I know there has been lots and lots of the watching of the sports, including a National Championship win for my Irish Mens Lacrosse team!


I've watched two or three lacrosse matches in my life, so had absolutely not one clue what was going on, but the sight of Coach Kevin Corrigan, who used to be a cliet of mine when I sold imprinted things to Notre Dame, was tear-worthy.

 I continued to make a bit of progress on Good in Everything, and was just elated to have figured out a stitch path for the next tree. I was fretting and fretting over it, when out of the blue an easy way came to me. It involved stitching one color at a time and zig-zagging across rows of diamonds, but if you asked me to replicate it now I might need a nap to do so.


And in a similar fashion, the next stitch for the Kirk & Bradley canvas came to me. I wanted something that would move in the opposite diagonal as the white, and I think I found it!


I'm happy to report that all is well here in Hoosierville! We are expecting a week of 90-degree temps, so after morning fun or chores, I expect there will be some heavily applied sunscreen and lots of pool sploshing! 

Happy Summer, Dearies! If you are here in the US, I hope you had a nice long holiday weekend! If you're just kicking things off elsewhere, what are your plans for the season? Come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. Where did you get that picture of me prancing around in my costume and doing the ribbon twirling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I thought it was me!!! lol Debby in CO

      Delete
  2. Love the diamond tree, Coni! Well done! Lovely graphic! Waiting on the painter to come today as it was rainy yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ribbon twirler and the current project make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that picture was of me! Ha ha ha. From what I have observed when watching lacrosse, I think it is allowed to hit another player's basket thing, but not the player herself/himself. There seem to be positions on the field that are not crossed. The ball is flung into the net. That is all I know! Good luck to the Fighting Irish!

    ReplyDelete