Mar 7, 2023

WHAT'S THIS CRACK OF DAWN BUSINESS ALL ABOUT, SPINSTER STITCHER?

My Jersey Boy had an 8am appointment for a cortisone shot this morning, so as his emotional support person, I was required to go and...provide emotional support.

(When I tell you that my Jersey Boy doesn't like anything medical, what I mean by that is that he is absolutely positively terrified of anything medical. He has been in a state of high alert stress nerves over the prospect of having to get this shot, and I swear the only reason he went through with it is the prospect of being able to play pain free golf this summer.)

So away we went, and while he chattered away like a circus monkey about baseball, the doctor administered the shot (with what looked to be an eighteen inch needle!), and JB lived to talk about it.

I treated him to a breakfast bagel after, and now he's happily tipped back in his chair watching the vsin boys talk sports. Hopefully within a day or two he'll start to feel better and both of us can get to the gym on a more regular basis.

Last night was Salad Bar night:


I just love the containers. They were on sale at the Costco, so I picked up an extra set so I can continue to do this whole veggie prep thing for clean eating. If I can open the fridge and just grab and go, I'm definitely more likely to make a good choice. And the big bowl has completely changed my life in terms of tossing, I tell ya...an amazon purchase that has paid for itself in terms of numbers on the scale.

If all goes according to plan, I should be able to finish this today:


I have really enjoyed stitching lately, so I'm hoping that the momentum will continue and I can get back to spending more and more time with needle and thread and less and less time on this here iPad thingie.

That's the Spinster report for a Tuesday! The sun is shining here in Hoosierville, and I'm going to gran another cup of damn good and get on with it!

What's new with you, Dearies? Come tell me all about it!

4 comments:

  1. The veggie prep is smart and looks delicious. Good for you. Love the dachshunds in the piece you're stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good healthy eating, Coni! Stitching and watching interviews with my favorite Star Trek actors are on my agenda today, besides the usual laundry and housekeeping chores. I might have to take a nap as well...stayed up way past my bedtime since I'm alone in the house this week, and then woke up too early...wish that wouldn't happen on a day I have no ody that needs me in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the veggie food prep, Coni! If I can grab it quickly, great! One of the reasons I buy pre-sliced apples at the grocery. I love your salad bar set up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salad bar looks delicious, Coni. I love the current stitching.

    ReplyDelete