Feb 8, 2023

FUTZINGDAY BLUES



I have this little Alexa thingie that I swear is actually in some kind of conspiracy cahoots with Rich, since she never listens to me, but is happy to talk with him ad nauseam about the dumbest stuff.

Today was the day that I decided to get my act together once and for all and just get. stuff. done. So I donned my Hanes old man t-shirt, put my seven hairs up into a pony, popped my slippers, and got to it. But before I did, I hollered "Alexa! Play the Blues!"

And she did.

So now I'm sitting here with the laundry finished, the bed made, the bathroom tidy, the Christmas decorations down (don't judge...you know you'd leave yours up too if nobody ever knew), cleaned the kitchen, and made a lovely salad bar for dinner.

(Air fryer chicken breasts are changing my life one salad at a time, I tell ya!)

I'm tired and sore, but those stupid blues blaring away got me through it all with vim and vigor. I won't be able to walk tomorrow, but at least I feel like I got something done today!

So that was my Futzingday, Dearies. What's new with you?


 

6 comments:

  1. I like my air fryer too. Your salad makings look delicious. This eve I'm having chopped kale and carrots with salmon. So we can eat healthy together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly not a Futzing Day, but an Accomplishing Day! I managed to get dressed, attend 3 Zoom meetings, and endure a migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm also trying to eat healthier (and maybe (hopefully) lose a little (or a lot) weight -- i'm finding great recipes on skinnytaste.com (not affiliated) also weekly meal plans with shopping lists - - the recipes are generally set up for 4 or more servings, but i pick out a couple and meal prep -- my Christmas tree is still up and i turn on the lights every night -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salad bar fixings look awesome. You know, I love a good salad, but I don't like fixing them. Happy Thursday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest assured, the last of my Christmas decorations will (hopefully) come down tonight.... The lights will stay up for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your salad bar looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete