Jan 17, 2023

TUESDAY SPINSTER BLISS




It's quiet.

The weather outside is gloomy, a bit blustery, and on the damp side, but I am warm and dry and very cozy in the friendly confines of CS2. Laundry is sploshing about in the sploshing contraption, the dishes are getting cleaned and scrubbed in the dish cleaning contraption, and I'm happily slurping my second cup of damn good with the paper and stitching for company.

Bliss.

Yesterday was skin check day at the dermatologist's office, and I was so uncomfortable over baring all of my parts to a new Nurse Practitioner that I chattered away like a crazy little circus monkey who had just broken into an espresso factory. I have a LOT of skin with a LOT of spots, folds, fur, imperfections and barnacles, and as she checked to make sure nothing was troublesome, I felt the need to introduce her to every icky blemish, give her an oral history of its origin, and then reveal its family tree.

For example, I have a spot on the back of my right hand that just appeared one day. I've named him Walter, and the little spots adjacent to Walter are his children, Zane, Penelope, and Brian. Walter is a single dad who has recently relocated from Buffalo, and he's become very active in the local community by coaching soccer and baking brownies for Teacher Appreciation Day at the kids' high school.

On the bottom of my left foot is a mole that I've named Darren. Darren is a bit of a loner, but an outdoor enthusiast who hikes and rock climbs every chance he gets. He's not thrilled about the color of the glitter polish on my toes, but he keeps his opinions to himself and only complains to his cat, Mickey.

I did this through the entire exam, and by the end of it, I was sweaty, exhausted, and ready to check myself into a "facility" for further evaluation. I swear I head the medical scribe/assistant mutter something about medication as she quickly gathered up her laptop and made a run for the door.

The good news is that nothing is amiss from a skin cancer standpoint, so I have six months before returning to work on some new material.

Well, Dearies, I suppose I should contemplate breakfast. It's 2pm, and as usual, I haven't had anything to eat yet today. I think I've got this Intermittent Fasting thing down pretty good without even intending to do it! I'm seeing a protein shake of some kind in my near distant future!

I hope you are all well and enjoying your own quiet Tuesday. Do something crazy and come tell me all about it!

 

6 comments:

  1. You stopped me cold with the little circus monkey breaking into the espresso factory! OMG - what an mental image that created! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 And I did almost the same thing when I finally got in with a new dermatologist last year - something about having someone examine every inch of you that closely does turn one into a nervous chatterbox. But good news that Darren and Walter and all the rest are, um, “normal” and you have a 6 month reprieve. Enjoy your Tuesday bliss! ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to do this intermittent fasting, but 12 hours is as long as I can go and that's on a good day. I am pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh that made me giggle. Say hi to Darren and Walter and his family for me. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your appointment with the dermatologist went well! Thank you for the giggles, Coni! Drink a cup of coffee for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sitting here in Iowa looking out at the 6" of snow that fell on us last night. I went to a painting class, came out to 2" of snow already. Heavy and wet but it's 31 degrees here. And yes, I'm either a chatterbox or stoic when it comes to dr's appointments. So the stitching event tonight is off, the lunch with friends is off. I needed a laugh! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Coni, your imagination is amazing! So funny! Glad you got the all clear from the dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete