Dec 5, 2022

MONDAY SPINSTER SHENANAGINS

This was in my email this morning. Obviously, a mistake, but it punched my little heart. (It's a note from Stewey's old insurance saying they received my claim.)

(You know what kills me the most? Seeing his little name printed as "Stewey Rich".)


This is next up in the stitchy basket! I managed to get the fabric prepped, the threads gathered, and the q-snaps covered.


I'm not sure if you Dearies know this, but you can make working copies of these extra huge charts at FedEx Office. This one cost about $3 and will save me so much angst and anxiety trying to mark my progress!


My buffalo plaid nails tickled my fancy, but I noticed a chip in one this afternoon! That has never happened before, but no biggie...another set is just as ticklish imho.


Rich just put the Sixers on, so I'm going to settle in with my new hand toes (*) and get that Santa started!


(*) I wish I could take credit for that, but it's all Ted Lasso! If you haven't seen it yet and need a feel-good giggle fest, I highly recommend!

(*) And yes...foot fingers are exactly what you think they are!
 

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this new stitch....soooo beautiful! 🎅🎅🎅👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word of warning - - Go slow and careful! I am working on this Santa that was given to me by a stitcher who had started it. There have been several places where the rows do not match up. I am working around one of the major oops sections and leaving it to last. I also changed the Kreinik from #8 to #4 as the #8 was too clunky. Otherwise, I am enjoying the intricacy and I know you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re lucky that you can photocopy cross stitch patterns in the USA. In the UK some years ago, I needed to copy one for the same reason and our local library wouldn’t allow it, as I would be breaching copyright. That said, it’s a gorgeous pattern and I look forward to the finished article. Season’s Greetings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same reply here in South Africa about 20 years ago. Since then our copyright laws have changed; I'm not sure how because I just breach copyright contentedly using my desktop and printer! And destroy the evidence as soon as I've finished with it, so I feel no guilt at all.

      Delete
  4. Bummer on the email and little stab to your heart.

    I have seen this chart done up and it is gorgeous. The one I saw was in a blue linen. IMHO the brown/gold color on the pattern doesn't do it justice. Oh dear - I hope I didn't just stick my foot in my mouth when I see what linen color you will be using :-O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, you should contact Nationwide and make sure they're aware that Stewey is no longer with us. It's possible someone else is trying to use your insurance for their pet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m currently working on this project and have a few comments to make it easier on you. First if you are going to stitch on 32 count, change the Kreinik braid to a #4. I found the #8 way to thick. You will need 3 of the whisper 88 and some of the braids you will need 2 of. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make working copies at my library for 10-25 cents a page depending on the size of paper used. Love those charts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BeckyG has a good point! It might be on purpose or by typo somehow. Also - you probably know to not click on the link and to verify the phone number - damned phishing jerks are getting quite clever in their methods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you making copies! I recently tried a special see through colored removable tape called Knitter's Highlighter Tape on Amazon which helps me keep focused on the area I am stitching without making errors. You can move it as much as you want! It comes as either a single roll or you can buy it in many rolls with a different color on each roll. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in the process of kitting up that exact chart but am stuck on which fabric to choose. Can't wait to see your choice.

    ReplyDelete