Nov 20, 2022

OH WELL

I thought I was climbing out of it yesterday, but today? Not so much. I am just sickety sick sick and now in possession of a big bag of provisions from the CVS to get me through...Mucinex, shower vapor thingies, cough drops, and a neti pot. I have this stuff called Alcolol that my beloved Dr Niklinska used to swear by. It's basically a mixture of oils like clove and menthol, etc that you dilute with warm water and then bathe your sinuses with. I used to use it faithfully in the shower every morning (as did Aunt Chrissy) and we managed to dodge the cold and flu for years. I got out of the habit when I moved here to CS2, so methinks it's time to start doing it again.

So I'm tucked into my chair with about three blankets and lots of tissues. In a little bit, I'll head back to bed for a nice long snoozy nap.



Last night was lovely. My Irish played their football in a blizzard, and I got to watch them from here, nice and cozy with my magic candles and crackpot Spinster fireplace and some stitching. I even made a lovely roast and veg in the crock pot, so we had a hot dinner and watched the snow fly.


 I hope your weekend is lovely, Dearies. If you were in the path of anything, I pray you are warm and safe and dry. I think I heard that Orchard Park, New York got seventy-seven inches of the white stuff! 

Do something fun and come tell me all about it. I'll be right here...blowing my nose and drinking my damn good!

5 comments:

  1. Alkolol is the BEST! Although they changed the formula at some point. It's a little weaker now. I've been using it since 1993 whenever I get colds and sinusey things. When I have a cold, I use it straight....no diluting. It cuts the mucous immediately and it just drains out. Not waiting for a decongestant pill to take effect. Instant feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shower vapor things are so great. I have chronic sinus problems and use them several times a week, especially during allergy season.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get well soon. At least you are nice and cosy toasty inside while the weather is yuk outside.
    Here the weather is still yuk monsoon style. I was thinking we'd pay for having a summer and boy is the rain charging interest!
    Keep warm, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete