Nov 1, 2022

BABY STEPS


 

Yesterday was...interesting. I made the mistake of staying up until 3am the night before, like a little kid who is without supervision, so everything was very "blurry" all day. I went to the dermatologist for a check of a spot on my collarbone that was bothering me, and she said "Oh, that's not good" , cut it off, sent it for biopsy, and gave me a sucker for being brave.

(And she did all of this while wearing a full body, head to toe, Minnie Mouse costume.)

(It was Halloween, after all, but I bet I'm the only person in the history of the world to have had a surgical procedure performed by Minnie Mouse.)

The rest of the day was a total bust, but later that evening, I realized that the banana I ate at 10 that morning was probably not going to sustain me for the rest of the night, so I made a lovely salad.

A good first day of getting it together, I think, even if the morning appointment didn't exactly go as planned.

Today is all about quiet. My head is clanging like a bell, so I am going to read and stitch and stay off the iPad thingie and just be still for a minute. My tiny little brain is a bit overloaded with all things news and social media and whatnot, so methinks it's time to give her a rest.

Happy Tuesday, Dearies! Are you resting today, too?

7 comments:

  1. This morning I got my flu and 5th COVID shots, then stocked up on some easy to eat items in case I have a reaction. Later today, I have my first cardiac rehab session virtually, before in person sessions start next week. Then tonight is a meeting for a nonprofit organization board I’m on.

    So it’s a busy one today for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze me, dear Susan! Be well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got my 5th COVID shot this morning! I've spent the day prepping for an upcoming vacation to the UK, then made dinner, and my energy is flagging. I'm going to sew a bit and rest this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to prep the celeriac roots for freezing and storing today. At least the stormy monsoon we've had for the past few days has eased for a short while! Your dish looks fabulous - yum! I want to curl up in the warm, but nope - chores are screaming at me! Enjoy your chilling out session. Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salad looks delicious. Thinking of you, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious looking salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salad pic made me want to hurry to finish fixing supper (though it won't look like the salad). Speaking of shots, Sir and I had both pneumonia (pew-monia) and flu shots at the same time. Read my lips, I hate shots -- but when Sir says our insurance pays us to get them, what can I do? Speaking of flu, it's quite on the upsurge in our area (upper east TN) and likely other areas, from what we hear.

    ReplyDelete