Oct 13, 2022

WELL WELL WELL

Apparently, my snarky observation about these food boards has hit a nerve. Betty, calm down already. I didn't say I didn't partake of these things...I'm just wondering what the next crazy trend will be coming.

Once upon a time, we had nice, normal cheese plates:



(Even these are a little fancy, but you get the basic idea. Cheese, crackers, maybe a fruit or nut...but easy peasy and all in one zip code. No multi-levels, no need for geometry or architecture or power tools to construct an entire landscape on a twenty-six foot table table that nobody but Shaquille O'Neil could reach the middle of.)

Then we had avocado toast and cake pops and bento box lunchables for grownups;



(I never tried avocado toast, but I imagine that you could spread wallpaper paste on bread and get the same flavor profile...I eat them, but promise you that I have never once discovered that avocados taste of anything at all.)


But butter boards? I'm sorry kids, but this seems like a really good way to ruin a perfectly good board, eat entirely too much butter in one sitting, and share a lots of germs with a lot of people:

What say you, Dearies? What's the next crazy thing coming?


11 comments:

  1. A chocolate board! I would be all about that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the chocolate fountains? Uh....YES, please!

      Delete
  2. My sister in law and I were just talking about butter boards. We don't get it but we can totally get behind a Nutella or 'smores board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much bread gets served with that butter board? Things have gotten a bit out of control with everyone trying to outdo each other. Even the famous western Pennsylvania wedding cookie tables have gone into overdrive.

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha…my cousin’s daughter got married a year ago just east of Pittsburgh, and the cookie tables (yes, plural) were crazy!

      Delete
  4. I don't understand the butter boards either. Actually sounds a bit ish to me.
    Guacamole: delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of a butter board…I’m off to google it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look too - it said it's a craze that looks better than it tastes on one post! LOL! Now about that chocolate idea from Jan. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Cheers, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Connie, I love your posts. They always give me a boost. This board thing gets me so darned angry! How in the world much disposable income do people have in this time of inflation? If you insist on feeding people little pieces of food that's been touched and coughed on by your guests why not put them on a pretty paper plate? It's cheaper and biodegradable. If you're just trying to show off how much money you have too bad for you, If you want to do some good for someone by preventing hunger, donate to you local food bank! There are so many people in need today that could use the help you might be able to share with them if you shared that money that you waste on pretty, expensive things that end up at the local Goodwill or garage sale! And I'm betting that not a single one of those people in need gives a care about how the food is served as long as it ends up in their hungry belly.
    Enough ranting from me today! Again, I love your posts, Connie! They usually make me laugh right out loud! Keep up the good work on your health!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't get butter boards either. I did see a funny video of a chef making a single server butter board. On a piece of bread. It was clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to Google butter boards....but I'll be in the queue for a chocolate board ;-) Coni, your description of avocado on toast made me laugh haha

    ReplyDelete