Sep 12, 2022

OH......FALL!!


 

They weren't kidding when they told me the shingles vac would knock me down. Yowsa!

But as a complete cure for everything that ails me, I opened the door to gather the paper, and a big blast of cool refreshing air smacked me right in the face. Fall! I almost broke out into an ugly cry and song all at once.

Despite the to do list longer than my arm, I am snuggled under my cozy Fall blanket with hot damn good and fresh sweats, and I'm in for the duration. Tomorrow will be a day to do all of the things that I didn't do today, but for now I'm sucking in every second of this!

8 comments:

  1. Shingles and Covid shots all knocked me on my butt for three full days each. Just got my new booster and flu shots today. I am prepared to be under the weather for the next three days. If not...I will be happy. If so...I am prepared. Good luck with your arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that first feel of autumn chill wonderful? The shingles shot really hit me hard too-hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cool for us yet but hopeful it will be soon. Rest and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 1st shingles shot knocked DH out for a couple days too. The 2nd one he had no effects. I guess I should get mine done soon. Along with covid boost and flu shot. Not all in one day though!
    We had nice cool days Sunday/Monday too. Not sure I'm ready for winter to be on its way, but I'm certainly ready for summer to be past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and let your body rest from your shot! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shingles#1 just hurt, that's to be expected considering the size of the needs and the quantity injected. Shingles#2 hurt, Then I felt the sag in energy/well being the next day. Kept wondering, what is wrong with me? then Finally connected the dots. That was a few years ago. So far all the Covid shots have either been no-issue or I needed a nap the next day.

    Go with what works for you. Naps are good in my book!
    Need to check in with the local health dept and get an appointment.
    M in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pneumonia shot kicked my rear. I had shingles, I was begging for the shot when they said it might reoccurd. Be brave. Adulting is hard.

    ReplyDelete