Aug 17, 2022

THE SCHLUMPADINKS TO END ALL SCHLUMPADINKS

Hi Dearies.

Do you ever have a day when the minutes just kind of blur themselves all into one another, and before you know it, it's nighttime and you're heading to bed?

That seems to be my world lately. I am just an enormous lump of...inertia.

I feel like I'm trying to move through jello underwater. Nothing is easy, crisp, full of vim, interesting, or exciting. Breathing in and out is about as much activity as I want to contemplate, and the idea of holding my head upright or carrying on a conversation feels like a challenge as daunting as a marathon.

The best part of this weird state is that my tiny little brain feels perfectly happy and peaceful and full of gratitude. I don't feel depressed or sad or angry or frustrated or worrisome or anything else, for that matter....I'm just...

Still.

I went to the pool yesterday, but instead of sploshing about like my hair was on fire, I felt perfectly happy to just float and look at the beautiful blue sky and the big fat white puffy clouds. There were a few birds chirping, and in the far distance I could hear neighborhood kids playing, and overall it was very very peaceful.

So if everything in my head is cheerful and watching butterflies, how come the rest of me wants to do nothing more strenuous than hold a book?

I'm re-reading Don Quixote, and there is a large part of me that's starting to think it might be just fine to be a batshit crazy spinster who has this marvelously interesting life behind her eyeballs, wears a pot on her head and thinks it's a helmet, and who travels the world in search of imaginary adventures.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm onto something.

In the meantime, I'm going to continue my schlumpadink here in Hoosierville with impunity and lots of ice water. Please don't fret if it's more stock memes and art than long blathering for now. I'm schlumpadinking...it's a process.


17 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post : )
    Any stitching with the reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't start wearing an aluminum foil helmet with pipe cleaner antenna, all is well. The end of August is a schlumpadinking kind of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni dear one, just enjoy the moment. It’s a peaceful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to your body and brain-if they say it's time to schlumpadink, then schlumpadink away and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm,I don’t like commenting as anonymous . Let’s see if Infixed it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your process sounds delightful! I'm even less lively than you. mostly because it's winter here and cold and rainy, so outdoor activities are limited. But reading, needlepointing and cooking are a total pleasure which I'm happy to think that you are sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relax and read. It’s a beautiful thing.

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I know where your energy went — I am feeling energetic, able to walk for an hour (not fast or uphill though), I’m driving again, and feeling like myself for the first time in months. I I had realized I was doing all this with your energy, I would have politely declined.

    Meanwhile, you should enjoy the dog days of summer exactly as you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As long as it's not because of stress, depression or whatever, just life move its own way!!! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are relaxing nicely and the thoughts of doing more are just a process of healing and that will happen when you are ready to go. In the meantime, enjoy the clouds and the sounds and do a Patsy Cline!
    Happy days from Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie, Just enjoy these last days of Summer and if it is schlumpadink, then so be; just enjoy it!!! BTW: NICE TAN....LOL
    I laid out all summer and I got no where near that nice of a tan. You must have better sun than we do here in SC...Hahahha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel much the same lately. After the last two years of plague times I'm perfectly fine to just live in my own little bubble. And you had even more on your plate with dialysis and your transplant so maybe your body needs to just be for a little while. Heavens knows you deserve to do whatever you feel like even if it is nothing at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coni, I think it is that time of year and so it is okay to schlumpadink along. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the time at the end of summer that I feel the pressure to clean my closet, get ready for school clothes, pack my purse differently, find my locker, find my class rooms, etc and I am just now 78 yrs old. Then for awhile have the reoccurring nightmare of not finding my locker or remembering the combination or can't find a dorm room. There are some things that haunt us forever. Hearing that you relaxed and happy, wow, nothing is better than that....other than chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds perfectly delightful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Got a book recommendation for you, it is the best book I've read in a great long while. It is "Waltzing Montana" by Mary Clearman Blew.

    ReplyDelete