Aug 1, 2022

I STILL HAVE MORE ISSUES THAN NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC



I absolutely loved this set's design, but the application was completely fraught. Lumps, bumps, and eventually a major failure of adhesion. (I might not have swiped enough alcohol across the surface of my nails in preparation, or I just could have received a dud.)



Never fear...a trip back to the table, and we're right back on track. I'm not crazy about this set, but they're on and staying on for the week and that's that.

The weekend was quiet and lovely. After our adventures on Friday, we ate carefully on Saturday. The apartment complex has a big grill (that I've never used), so we took chicken breasts down to the pool with us and cooked them while we enjoyed a refreshing dip.

(I am happy to report that the grill is kept perfectly clean by the residents here, so there's no need to admonish me for risking contamination, Betty.)

Yesterday was more of the same...quiet and uneventful. Rich went to the golf course over in LaPorte for a few hours, and I futzed around in pajamas before heading to bed with my book. (I'm re-reding Don Quixote and loving every moment of it.)

We're up and moving like a three-toed sloth today, Dearies, but hopefully the day will unfold as it will. I hope you are well and safe and bearing up and that life in your corner of the world is wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. Happy August, Coni! That is cool there is a community grill by the pool. Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, I admit to being jealous of your pool : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's certainly a colorful set of nails!!! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both cute sets of nails! I had one that was all bumpy too so maybe some are just duds :)

    ReplyDelete