Aug 4, 2022

FUTZINGDAY GONE AWRY


 

Well, the day didn't exactly flow as I thought it would, but I just went with it. The pool closed the moment I got my swimsuit on (not sure why, but I suspect it might have been something on the weather radar they saw and didn't like). So I took a shower instead and sat down to watch some TeeVee and enjoy a damn good cold brew, and discovered that our Congresswoman had been killed in a car crash.

Please don't ask me about whether or not I was a fan of hers politically, or whether I agreed with her voting record, etc. What I would rather say is that she was a true South Bend girl who was beloved by many. She worked this district faithfully, and never wavered from what she thought was right, and she was very clear about her beliefs and agenda from the get go. I admired that tremendously...a person that stood by her convictions and told you right up front what they stood for.

The storms blew in with a vengeance, so I sat and stitched while Rich enjoyed a cigar out on the balcony and I worried about the lightning.

Before I go, I need to clarify that I DID NOT EAT THE SNACK PLATE. An astute observer emailed me and said "Do you think you don't feel well because you ate all of that crap on that snack plate?" To which I replied "Thank you for your concern, but I promise you I had rice cakes and cottage cheese instead."

So there.

I am making much better choices in the food department, Dearies, and have even learned how to adjust meals based on other meals in the day....if I know we're having something calorie-laden for dinner, I'll opt for a lighter breakfast/lunch, etc and so on and suchforth. I'm also trying to pay attention to carb consumption, ramp up the protein, and be super diligent with my water.

My recent labwork indicates that Belly Bean must like my efforts, since my glucose has dropped ten points and my creatinine level is back to post transplant levels, so WOOHOOs all around!

I'm going to get my second cup of damn good and then get some papers read and laundry sploshed before trying the pool again today. Please be well today, Dearies and come tell me all about your corner of the world!

7 comments:

  1. That is exactly what I do. Every morning I write out what I will eat that day and count the calories and carbs. I have lost about 20 lbs since May. Its much easier when you are conscious of what your intake is. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing well! I wanted to comment about all the sodium on that snack plate, but I didn't because I think growups can choose their own foods, but it still worried me and I'm glad you didn't eat it. It's funny because I do, and eat, plenty of things that aren't healthy, but for some reason I feel completely bulletproof; it's just everyone else I watch and think NOOOOOoooo stop now that is BAD for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, kid! Don’t worry about well-meaning but overly concerned comments. You are doing a great job, as your test results show, and you have the attitude of a champ. Always interested to hear what you have to say. - Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to go back and look at the snack plate. All I have to say is "Green olives - Blech! Ptoooie! Ugh!" Yes, I'm not a fan of them. Other than that, I'd have snarfed the whole thing, glad you have more restraint! Good news on your lab numbers.
    Not much news here, hoped for rain on Wednesday night was a mere dampening, then had a couple of days slacking off with a sinus headache most likely from inhaling too much dirt weeding the asparagus. And today I need to make a supply run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your respectful and positive tribute to the congresswoman who died. think I love handwork so much partly because it helps keep my hands busy and food out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brava to you for your restraint and good lab results.... I don't like
    that header picture...who is that supposed to be? Find a picture
    of Sophia Loren and slap that up there.... more appropriate....
    Hope you are prepping for a grand weekend of relaxation
    Many thanks for that lovely tribute to your congresswoman...
    she was quite a gal....and servant of the people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pg slot แนะนำ นับว่าเป็นเกม สล็อต PG SLOT ที่นักเสี่ยงโชคยืนยันว่าแตกดี แตกยับ ฟรีสปินออกรัวๆเล่นแล้วได้เงินจริง ได้เงินไว จากสถิติที่พวกเราได้ไปเก็บรวบรวมมาพบว่าอัตราการชนะอยู่ที่ 97.66 %

    ReplyDelete