Jun 23, 2022

THE PATIENT IS RECOVERING


 

Thank you, Dearies, for your lovely well wishes for Rich's surgery. We've just returned from the follow-up appointment, and he's doing very nicely. Drops are being administered by Yours Truly as prescribed, and for the first time in over 60 years, our JB is able to see more than three inches in front of his face.

He is very happy, indeed.

I didn't stitch last night, but I did go back and read entries from this here blog from the beginning and each June thereafter. Is it just me, or am I now a completely different person? Some things are still the same, i.e., no sense of moderation whatsoever, and a propensity for self-deprication, but I don't know, I somehow feel a bit less...frenetic.

I'm also kind of amazed at how much big stuff came at me all at once, and how completely lost and scared I felt. All. Of. The. Time. I do realize that I am not alone in having to go through those things and that the majority of people on the planet have and will go through the exact same things, but why did I have to do it all at once?  I thank God every night that I had all of you and so many others there pulling me through it, because I can't imagine where I'd be without all of that help! So thank you, Dearies, for being such a big part of me surviving!

So now that I'm contemplating my navel this morning, it might be time to fish through my baskets and find some stitchy things to play with. I am enjoying the Shepherd's Bush piece, but am having a little craving for some Baked Alaska. Who knows what might strike my fancy today?

Happy Thursday to one and all! I hope you get to do something that will blow your skirt up and that you'll come tell me all about it!

9 comments:

  1. Glad the surgeries went well. I had it done four years ago and so thankful for the technology these days for improved vision. Strawberry picking done and now to clean them up. It's going to be another hot one today here so maybe no gardening again. My poor flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well with your JB's eye surgery! I took care of my mom after she had cataract surgery, and there are a LOT of eye drops at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that his surgery went well and also that you are sounding so much happier than you used to sound! I think it's all the changes in your life and the fact that you've met them head on with a fierce determination to overcome! Well done! Your courage is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fun for me yesterday - reading up in preparation for transition to Medicare. Today fun - the "local" EGA garage sale is today & tomorrow. Then maybe off to a less local quilt/needlework shop.
    Good news on JB's surgery! The two of you will be back on the golf course in short order with your nursing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank modern medicine every day for modern cataract surgery and it giving me good vision after a lifetime of chronic nearsightedness and years of not being able to stitch the things I wanted to. But if the day comes when I need extra help I'm contacting our dentist for some kick-ass, industrial-level magnifiers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the surgery went well - it's a real blessing to be able to see! I think the biggest change is that you don't post anymore about how you lived for a whole week straight on pudding and bruschetta! I'll never stop laughing at that! I know it was probably unhealthy, but your old diet was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great! That was a major surgery and those drugs to avoid rejection are very strong. It’s good to take it easy and enjoy your life. I am moving in a week and although I am 90 per cent ready - these last boxes and items are wearing me out. Can’t wait to finish so I can do something creative. I sew, make jewelry, and lots of stuff….keeps me smiling! Keep up the good recovery. And stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad JB's surgery went well! I remember years ago my grandfather had cataracts surgery and he was so amazed that he could see everyone's noses in the pictures that were hanging on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that JB's surgery went well! Thank God for great Doctors and technology and medicine! Here's to smooth sailing from now on! Sending you both prayers, love and hugs!








    h

    ReplyDelete