Apr 29, 2022

A LITTLE FRESH AIR NEVER HURT ANYBODY, RIGHT?


 I'm doing that thing again where I really don't want to leave the house. Part of it is not quite feeling up to par, part of it is a strong desire to stay in pajamas all day and stitch, and part of it is just me being me...an agoraphobic, insecure, helpless, hapless spinster who likes to be where other people are not.

I was supposed to be ready to go at 2:00 to drive the golfing cart for Rich, but I was fast asleep in the chair and he took pity on me and said we could skip the golfing, but that we were going to go to the Notre Dame baseball game at 4:30.

So we did.

Now it's time to wind down for the night, catch up on the paper, and put a few stitches in before bed. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep, since I really would like to get a few things accomplished tomorrow morning.

Happy Friday, Dearies! If you stayed inside in your pajamas today...good for you! If you were out and about doing all the things, come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. I did stay home today but not in my pj's. Still have to work, but working from home. What's depleting me at the moment is packing and moving. I'm getting too old for this! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Likes to be where other people are not" rings so true for me too, Coni. I spent my day working in the garden - my happy place 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anticipating a visit from two grown grandsons, we had a surprise when their younger brother and sister walked in with them. One of the big guys is a health nut, and he fixed himself an incredible breakfast (broccoli, protein powder, eggs, blueberries, spinach, milk, and a few items I couldn't identify); the other one exists on pizza, chocolate, and Mt. Dew Spark. The younger ones eat "whatever" when they feel like it. So all I have to do is wash dishes, which is fine with me. We've put them to work on a big cleaning project, and I'm enjoying my breakfast (coffee). It's going to be an interesting weekend. They're all beautiful and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so relate to you! I would rather be in my chair, in my pjs, with my JRT beside me, doing my needlepoint than anywhere else! That’s where I am happiest! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got out in the sunshine, Coni! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truthfully, I had to get out of my pajamas, but I put on grubbies, went out to feed the kitties and birds and then was a load the rest of the day. Today I have to get dressed, there's a birthday party for my 20 year old granddaughter that requires my appearance. Congratulations on 7 months! and yes, I entered Siggy's drawing! Have a great day. I think that Rich is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to people when you just aren't feeling 100%. Sometimes it's still hard when you are 100% :)

    ReplyDelete