Mar 5, 2022

BASKETBALLS AND BLESSINGS AND HOOTERS...OH, MY!

First, we went to the basketball game:

 

(Notre Dame beat Pitt by quite a lot, and it was Senior day...so we got to see the boys walk out one final time with their families.) 

(Yes. I was all teary.)

Then we went to 5:00 Mass in the Basilica, and afterwards...right there in front of that gorgeous church, at sunset, on a 70 degree day with a beautiful breeze...a priest laid his hands on my head and gave me a blessing for recovery, my donor, and that I will live a good life worthy of this incredible gift.)

(This time I think Rich was the teary one.)


And then we stopped at the Hooters for dinner (because there was a two hour wait every place else), and I got sassy and ordered a non-alcoholic beer. I was never a big beer drinker (or any kind of drinker, actually) before, but something about an ice cold beer and chicken wings sounded good to me.

(I was right...delicious!)


Tomorrow is Sunday, and I'm not getting out of pajamas or doing one single thing other than stitch and slurp damn good! I have a stack of papers and magazines to read, so it might be a bed coffee all day long!

Happy Saturday, Dearies! I hope your weekend has been as fun as mine! Come tell me all about it.









9 comments:

  1. What a precious blessing and a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! No more than you deserve! Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your new kidney are working together to achieve wonderful things. Glad you encountered such a wise priest. Have a splendid Sunday, full of stitches and slurps - that's pretty much what I'm hoping for too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day you had, Coni! Wishing you a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessing like that are wonderful. A Bishop once blessed my unborn baby. Her delivery was the easiest of all 9. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing about the blessing. Reminds me that faith is the constant in this broken world. Such fun to get out of CS2 and enjoy the games and dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The segue from the Basilica to Hooters made me smile- methinks we may have the original Coni back. Yes, bless you, my dear. ;) -p.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a great day, Coni :-)

    ReplyDelete