Jan 24, 2022

MONDAY

Good morning, Dearies.

Thank you for all of your lovely comfort for both me and my sister. That little dog left such an enormous hole in all of our hearts...even Rich...who called him "Dawg" and cuddled him every chance he got.

I confess that I have been a huge lump for several days, and I'm not sure if I have plans to be anything but for the next several. I am sleeping pretty well and getting out of the big girl sleigh bed when I either feel like it or have to use the powder room, and then my day unfolds of its own volition.

Stitching comes in tiny little spurts, with lots of coloring and reading in between, and I'm OK with that. All three do wonders for my tiny little brain, and before I know it, an entire day has gone by without me fretting or kvetching about one single thing.

Maybe I'm onto something.

I will have to put actual clothes on tomorrow to get labwork done and take Rich to the eye doctor, and if I really behave myself, perhaps we'll
grab something good for dinner.

Tonight, though, will be soup and sandwiches to offset the cold and snowy day that is going on outside. I used to know exactly what the forecast would be for days and weeks ahead, and now I get the weather report when I put my glasses on and look out the window.  

I think I like it better that way.

So, my dear dear friends, we're off like a herd of turtles on a Monday...armed with some damn good and a few extra fuzzy blankets for good measure.

What's on your agenda for the day? Come tell me all about it!

8 comments:

  1. Getting ready to walk the dog before the snow gets to WV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your sister and Rich feel comfort in your happy memories of "Dawg." I think your days of reading, stitching, and coloring sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for you, Rich, and your sister --- I know how bad it hurts when one of our little fur friends crosses the bridge to heaven. I still cry over my little friends who have gone on. Sending you all good thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it every time you tell us that your days are spent doing whatever it is that you want to do. I had to run to town to pick up some groceries, dropped of a care package to my sister in law who is stuck at home with her littles in isolation and then puttered around the house the rest of the day. It was a good day. Hope yours was too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the weather thing - those forecasts change so fast. I do tend to check on the radar for incoming deluges so I can time my trips out to sort out the birds! But for the past week or so it has been dull and low grey cloud so I feel like I must hibernate! But I can't, so today's chores will be cleaning out the last bits of the greenhouse ready for the new season of growing things and perhaps a few seeds planted too.
    Hope your trip went well yesterday for both of you. A change of scenery for whatever reason is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to be fixing a shirt I made last year.....I obviously made it whilst in a brain fog as the sleeves are on back to front and the collar isn't long enough!! Oops! Enjoy your day Coni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With 0°F high not including wind chill today, it's a day to stay inside and finish up the QOV top so I can turn it in on Thursday, work on Halloween Smalls, and maybe a bit of vacuuming.

    Hope all goes well with the appointments today and there wasn't so much snow driving is "interesting".

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....Grieve not,
    nor speak of me with tears,
    but laugh and talk of me
    as if I were beside you...
    I loved you so -
    'twas Heaven here with you. (Isla Paschal Richardson)

    ReplyDelete