Jan 21, 2022

FRIDAY SPINSTER SHENANAGINS

One of my favorite movies is The Addams Family with Angelica Houston in the role of Morticia. And one of my favorite scenes in the movie is when she's looking through a closet and says (as she's removing huge canvas storage bags)...."Uncle Knick Knack's winter wardrobe. Uncle Knick Knack's summer wardrobe. Uncle Knick Knack."

And the big canvas storage bag thumps to the floor while Morticia's mother cackles away as she stirs the breakfast cauldron.

So, in that spirit, I give you:
I can hardly wait to haul this out of the apartment today and shove it in the trunk and then stash it in the garage. I really hope my neighbors aren't watching.

So the decorations are down and although I'm missing my lights in the evening, I still have the little lighted sticks next to The Chicken Sisters. (They were show girls, after all, and required stage lights). Because I have grown fond of the old gals, I happily oblige,  but I could do without the full orchestra fanfare that announces their five o'clock dinner show.

That's all the news from Hoosierville. I hope your very own Friday is perfectly swell and that you'll come tell me all about it!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Coni! You could provide a show to the neighbors by thumping the bag down and saying the same thing as Morticia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addams Family is one of my favorite movies! I love it when Morticia is going through a worried impostor Uncle Fester's trunk. When she gets to the bottle of cyanide, she says, "Cyanide?......Fester.....As if we'd run out....."

    ReplyDelete
  3. we keep string lights up year round.. just change the color for the season !!
    we also have the ikea lightbulb (with remote) that allows you to change the bulb color at the touch of a button. the ultimate in mood lighting (of course, you can leave it uncolored if needed)

    ReplyDelete