Nov 21, 2021

AND THEN THE SPINSTER STITCHER GOT DRESSED


I confess, re-entry has been a bit rough. I honestly cannot remember a time when I have felt more exhausted in my life, and my entire body feels like I have been dropped from a medium sized building. I'm sure that it is all the result of the drive home, going up and down the stairs, getting used to a completely different bed, and adrenaline leaving my body, but oey vey...it's been a blurry few days.

Thanks to a diligent JB, I am behaving myself very nicely by staying hydrated, eating carefully, and getting lots of good rest. Today, he asked if I might like to go out for breakfast and then to watch the Eagle's game, and rather than look at him like he's crazy and stay in pajamas all day, I got myself showered and dressed.

Clothes and proper shoes feel very odd, since it's been all comfort all the time for the better part of two months (and the four years before that), so I am learning to adjust to proper underthings (also known as bra and underpants), as well as jewelry.

Speaking of...I have finally decided on the item that will commemorate my transplant.  JB wanted to buy me a necklace with "930" on it, but I asked for a wide band ring with IX XXX XXI instead. Fortunately, it appears that Roman numeral band rings are readily available on the etsy, so now all I have to do is select which one is me. (For the record, I am aware of the Tiffany Atlas collection, but I'm afraid that's a little far outside the budget). A $39 band will do very nicely, indeed.

Happy Sunday, Dearies! I'm going to enjoy the day and hope to settle in with some stitching this evening. You'll be happy to know that I haven't touched one thing that is piled high in the dining room from the hotel room. Instead of killing myself to get it all done, I decided to take it a little bit at a time and re-organize as I go. I should be done sometime before the end of the year!

36 comments:

  1. I think the ring is an excellent idea! What a major event in your life and it should not be ignored.

    Just so you know, you look fabulous in the selfie you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to remove the above comment because apparently I hit some key on my keyboard and deleted about half of it! Anyway, let me try this again: You look fantastic! Go and enjoy all of the new things you are able to do now but try not to over-do it and wear yourself out! -- Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful!! And how sweet is it of JB to want to commemorate the start of the next phase of your life. 🥰. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GREAT!! Welcome HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful! Welcome home! It certainly makes sense to be so exhausted, just try to enjoy how much more you can do and give yourself time to continue recovering. What a lovely idea of commemorating all this with a band ring. Hope you enjoy your day!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coni - you look so good in your selfie. And the smile is such a happy smile. Congrats on being back home. Like others have said, take it easy. All the "to dos" can be done slowly. You need to make your recovery #1 priority.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy for you! You look good! You look very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you! Beautiful and spunky! Have a great day and continue on your path to health! Congratulations on all your hard work and prayers and blessing to the donor family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! Keep up the good work. You can get used to getting dressed and going out again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so happy!!! Enjoy, and rest too! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gees, you look terrific. Love the hair, smile,and those boots look great too. Rejoicing with you on your NEW lease on life. Enjoy your time with JB and takes things slowly. Work is always waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tears in my eyes, sweet Coni. I'm so very proud of you. REST, get strong and be well. -p.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you're looking great, & I'm glad that your plan is to chip away at the pile, instead of tackling it all at once

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great
    You also look skinny :)












    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so happy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coni, u look so happy, healthy and relieved. Truly a Thanksgiving this year. Remember TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty Spinster! JB had better be prepared to shoo away queues of eager gentlemen, all hoping for a turn to be seen with you. So glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish you felt as good as you looked. In time you will I'm sure. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's completely normal to feel so exhausted Coni, after coming home from hospital. Just go with the flow and take it step by step - everything can wait, there's no timetable you have to work to. Enjoy your resting and your time to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did a double take on the picture...then i enlarged it to see if it is really you! You look absolutely wonderful. Life is beginning again and you look so prepared to take it on! Congratulations. You are a strong, brave woman! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WooHoo!! You're home, looking good, and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh looking good kiddo! Agree, just pace yourself - things can wait, your health comes first. Super, super, super!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Coni, you look fabulous! So glad you are going home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on returning home. You look great! Continued prayers for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Look at that new woman....she's a beaut!! I think the bra thing is overrated after getting used to not putting one on every day....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are looking good, Coni. The unpacking and organizing of post- transplant can be taken care of slowly. Thinking of you and glad you are home.

    ReplyDelete
  28. you look great Coni ~ keep up the good work. Prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look radiant! It has been a bit of an uphill climb, I know, but you are on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look fabulous!! Just take it one day at a time :)

    ReplyDelete