Oct 24, 2021

IN WHICH WE CONCENTRATE ON ALL THAT IS POSITIVE

 My current caregiver is Cheryl. We have known each other for about 35 years now, and she apparently knows me well enough to crawl inside my tiny little brain and know exactly what's going to fix the Freak Show in there.

Yesterday we went to the hospital for my first dose of steroids and then we went to Target.

Target.

I haven't been inside a Target since sometime in 2018. December, I think. But I got into a scooter and tooled around that store like I owned the place! I found a super soft and comfy lounge/sweat/pajama set on sale and grabbed a few other necessities and away we went.

To Panera.

Inside.

Inside a Panera.

Just like people do in normal life!

Gyros for dinner meant more food for Yours Truly than I have had in quite some time, so I was a bit uncomfortable...but very happy to have had those milestones.

Today we went for steroids and then drove to Castleton and the Keystone at the Crossings area. We started with mani/pedis at a lovely spot and just had a delicious lunch at Harry and Izzy's....this time much lighter in the form of a wonderful salad.

There was, however, dessert. We may or may not have had a few bites of Woodbridge Reserve bread pudding with salted caramel ice cream:


Cheryl is shopping in the Nordstrom Rack while I rest a bit here in her van and visit with you.

So another day of milestones and one day closer to getting good results the rejection is halted and I can have some more milestones!

What's new with you? Come tell me all about it!


25 comments:

  1. OK ! You’re OK. Just like a normal person but with new kidneys. GREAT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a delightful day! Still praying for you and your medical team. Hoping those roids get to work asap!

    What's new with me? We moved a week ago and still getting settled. My stitchy stuff is very much in disarray (which kind of drives me nuts) and the Ikea is out of everything I need so the disarray will stay for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping therapy always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing will fix you up like warm jammies from Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very happy to hear how "out and about" you are! Sounds like a few lovely days.
    I spent today finishing a project that will be an exchange at a stitchy retreat I am going to in November. And I feel like it will be the first normal thing I have done in quite some time.
    Happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that good fairy Cheryl helped to perk up your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day for you! It all sounds so normal. May the steroids do their work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE needed you to have some normal days, Coni, perhaps as much as you do.

    Let Go, Let God, let His "angels in disguise" help you :)
    -p.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo hoo, retail, self-care AND food therapy....perfection....Prayers continue for you dear Spinster...you got this & all will be well!

    Luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love hearing about your outings. Just a little taste of the future❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful day!! I’ll be sending warm thoughts!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheryl sounds wonderful! What a great day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic day! What a lovely lady Cheryl is and what a boost for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy things are returning to normal. What is more normal than mani/pedis and shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just getting out and doing things that have nothing to do with doctors is awesome! I'm so happy you feel up to getting out and that you have Cheryl with you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Coni, glad you are getting out with Cheryl; just don't over do it! I would like a scoop of the salted caramel ice cream, please. Heading to Panera today for lunch and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy you were up to being out and about in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is almost surreal to be out in restaurants and shops again. Glad for this progress. May you continue to heal and be able to explore and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous day! Thinking of you Coni and sending love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with Cheryl! A new lounge wear set, some tasty food, and a day spent with a good friend can do much to right the world!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I too, am glad that you had a wonderful day. You remain in my prayers. I am thankful that you have so many good friends and medical people that are helping you while the dust settles.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just a bit of normalcy can go a long way...blessings upon Cheryl for her constancy. Mani/Pedi - comfy bargains at Target
    and a date with Panera...what else could one ask? Hope the
    steroids do their magic and that you get good results on the
    diminished rejection scale. Continued praises and prayers.

    ReplyDelete