Oct 27, 2021

IN WHICH THE SPINSTER RESTS


 

Steroids are absolutely kicking my heiney today, Dearies, but I know they are my best ally right now, so I am gutting through it. I had some of the worst heartburn of my life through the night and then some rather queasy hours this morning, but that was probably the result of a poor dinner choice (gyros) than it was the medicine, so I have nothing to complain about.

In a few minutes, I will take my morning bath in the sink, don clean clothes, and go for my little walk down to the lobby. If it's not too cold, I might sit with my face in the sun on the little patio overlooking the canal and try to feel like a human person for a minute.

Cheryl is gathering needlepoint for me at CS2 today, so hopefully I will be stitching up a storm again in no time. I just can't seem to cross stitch at the moment...can't concentrate to see/count, and I am a bit shaky from some of the new meds, so I am hoping at a little tent stitch on canvas will get me going again. Stay tuned!

I think it might be Futzingday, so I will bid you all a happy one! Do something futzy and come tell me all about it!

11 comments:

  1. My futzing was getting my internet repaired at long last! Lovely technician spent a long time on the pole and said he has to replace a lot of stuff that was old and damaged. Hoping now I can Zoom and stream and all that stuff without dropping off every five minutes! Get to stitching, Coni! It will make you feel so normal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's task is to vacuum the screened porch. Once that is complete, stitching time! Enjoy the sunshine and rest today! We want lots more good reports from your doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any stitching is your NORMAL, dear one, so the sooner the better....Hope it will relax and encourage you. You had such
    a glorious day yesterday that the aftermath had to be the gyro.. Can you make do with shakes today? Enjoy the lobby and
    sunning on the patio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to hear how well you are feeling! And, love, love the hairdo...must make you feel better just to have that done. Next a questions...how often do you have tests for the creatinine levels? All that you are going thru is so fascinating...a whole different world from what I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marybeth!

      I am tested twice a week at clinic on Tues and Fri. Immediately after surgery it was twice a day, I think! My team is super-aggressive and proactive, and they stay on top of everything!

      Basically, the first six months after transplant seems to be a big game of Whack-a-mole, with all kinds of crazy things that pop up. I forget sometimes what a huge freaking deal this transplant business is!

      Delete
  5. Following your progress and I admire you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a lovely futzingday! I watched the new show Maid that is on Netflix. The whole thing. 10 hours worth. I just couldn't stop. Have you seen it yet? It is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoyed a bit of sun on Futzing Day, Coni! Continue to rest and remember that is a super power at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get your mojo back again soon. In the meantime, I pray for babysteps, a little glorious sunshine in the lobby, no more heartburn, some good Netflix, less stress with some needlepoint. I get the itch to be creative and will feel some guilt on a day that I'm not that kind of productive. I have to remind myself those days of reading and streaming are still satisfying and necessary. A sort of productiveness for my soul, if not from my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are doing better except for the heartburn! And so glad you are in a great place with wonderful doctors and caregivers. God is good! Sending prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember those seeming steps back are really steps forward! You're a rewarding patient, I'm sure, for those who are tending you. Thank God you have top-notch doctors and other medical experts. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete