May 19, 2021

IN WHICH WE MAKE GOOD USE OF A FREE DAY, INDEED





Well, here we are on a Futzingday in Hoosierville...doing our thing in the d-chair.

Yesterday was just what I needed...a full day of nothing but stitching and Downton watching. I made pretty good progress on Eliana and really enjoyed the time to just sit and be still. I think, somehow, it was just what the doctor ordered.

Nothing else new to report. Today is a d-chair day and will probably result in a nice long nap this afternoon in the big girl sleigh bed. We're either having pasta for dinner or sandwiches...depending on my energy level. I managed to get a nice grocery delivery accomplished, so the fruit bowl is filled once again, and the salad fixings are all ready to go in their respective containers. (I chopped all of the veg. and that way we can have a little "salad bar" right there on the kitchen counter and make our very own).

One of my podmates got the kidney call from IU last night! She is going to be part of a multiple organ transplant chain taking place on June 16, and my beloved Dr Goggins will be leading the team...putting various parts into various recipients. I am so very happy for her...she had an anonymous donor come forward with a non-matched kidney to her, but it matched somebody whose donor was a match, so they essentially swap. I think there might be other donors and recipients of other organs too...hence a "chain".

My goddaughter Jacqueline's wedding is officially seventeen days away, and I am getting so excited! I keep debating whether or not to have my dress altered, but I am heavily leaning toward leaving it alone and if it's a little too big in the torso...it will just have to stay that way. Besides...maybe if I do that I won't have to wear quite so many layers of spandex underneath to contain all of my wobbly bits!

Time to close my eyes, I think. This is always the point of treatment when I seem to get extra sleepy.

Happy Futzingday, Dearies! I hope your day is wonderfully swell and that you will get to do something fun. Come tell me all about it!





 



9 comments:

  1. Cool news for your pod mate! Now if your good news could come soon! I'd leave the dress, a bit of breathing, eating, and dancing room is never a bad thing. My day - rain again, so probably sewing and stitching, though the dust gremlins are getting a bit feisty again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Futzing Day, Coni! It sounded like your Tuesday was just the thing you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad yesterday was restorative! Only 17 days until the wedding, wow! I love the salad bar idea! I'm hoping to put needle to canvas today. It's past time to make some peogress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to hear your free day was so enjoyable! Your stitching looks beautiful. That's exciting your goddaughter's wedding is so soon- what a wonderful event to look forward to! Hope treatment goes smoothly today and you have a relaxing evening.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Eliana is superb, skillfully stitched. Even in a relaxing
    mode, you accomplish so much. Keep on the salad track and you
    will be more than ready for Dr.Goggins when he is ready for you, which we hope will be very soon. The best to your pod partner and all others involved in that transplant chain...
    miracles still happen. Looking forward to the wedding report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to enjoy the day. It was a lovely day here in the bean town. Hope the weather was good for you also. I love seeing the beautiful stitching come to life. New Netflix binge for you....
    "Halson" it is so good and reminiscent. I totally remember getting my first bottle of Halston perfume. Takes me back to high school.
    I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The piece is coming along and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eliana is gorgeous. We only have Amazon Prime now - I am regressing and watching The Rifleman - and enjoying it! LOL!
    How wonderful for your pod mate! Wishing her a speedy recovery afterwards. There's always hope and that brings a much needed positive vibe all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eliana is looking splendid! Congrats to your pod mate! That is great news :)

    ReplyDelete