Mar 20, 2021

SOMETIMES I JUST ROCK MY OWN LITTLE WORLD




I have no earthly idea what came over me, Dearies! One minute I was munching a bagel and contemplating what time I needed to head out for the shot, and the next I was knee deep in my closet...purging, sorting, tidying, seasonal-swapping, and organizing.

This chore has been on my mind for quite some time, and the whole waiting for a phone call and moving to Indianapolis had me more than a little stressed. All of my lighter weight clothes were packed away and the pajamas I had ready to go were really only suitable for arctic temps.

Now I know what I've got and what I need to purchase...nightgowns for the hospital, a lightweight robe, some lightweight "lounging" clothes that are the equivalent of flannel jams, and some slippers.

Whew! Looks like I'll be spending some time shopping tonight!

I'm happy to tell you that the seven bags of clothes will go to St Margaret's House for the ladies there. There are tons of great office outfits and interview suits that I'm sure will come in handy for them, as well as several nice handbags and accessories. My working life is well behind me, I think. Hopefully somebody out there will get some good use out of everything.

OK...I'm off. 

Hope your Saturday has been as happy and satisfying as mine has been! WooHoo!

11 comments:

  1. Strange that get up and get at it comes in waves...same thing for me. Suddenly I just can't take it anymore & I go on a purge mission. It's amazing how much cr@p I accumulate. Since it's the first day of spring I'd say that's the culprit...🐇💚🐣🥀⚘🌷🍀☘💐🐦

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how motivation can sneak up on you? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I bet that does feel good. Having everything clean and organized does tend to make one feel better doesn't it? I worked on every one of my closets during the lockdown. It was a huge chore but so satisfying. Now you know what you have and what you'll need to get ready for that phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh space for more stitchy projects! It is good to have a clear out of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah--the eternal question. Do I own it, or does it own me? It does feel wonderful to broom out all of that old stuff, particularly if it will do some good for someone else. Congratulations on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on the sorting, purging and figuring out what is needed! Have a relaxing Sunday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like some of you I get the urge to purge in waves. It does feel so good to declutter and give away useful things for someone else to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently your 2nd shot came with a side of spring purging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! I hope you are relaxing today after all that work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take something pj-wise that is warm because sometimes are really cold. Sometimes they have extra blankets and sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I'm impressed and maybe a little inspired. My kitchen is what needs work right now. Not enough storage space (wish I had a pantry) and too many pandemic hoarded basics in spices and flours etc.

    I also wish I knew some of your other commenters - sometimes their comments crack me up and I wish for a 'like' button!

    ReplyDelete