Mar 29, 2021

MONDAY AGAIN!

Hello, Dearies!

Well, despite not sleeping last night I am up at the heiney crack of dawn and all hooked up and doing my thing in the d-chair. I know exactly what the problem is...a total abandonment of my pre-sleep routine that used to involve going to be early and reading for an hour or so.

(Last night, though, I was in a stitching frenzy and hurried myself off to bed late and then tossed and turned and fretted until the wee hours.)

Here's the source of the frenzy:



I don't think Jacqueline reads this here blog, so we should be safe. I'm going to have this framed in something super super fancypants and give it to her for her shower along with some items from her registry.

Her groom is a huge Ohio State fan and the MOB suggested something funny for him about the Notre Dame/Ohio State aspect, since my girl J is a huge fan of her Aunt Coni's Alma Mater. I found a baseball card from the 1935 Game of the Century showing the final score of Notre Dame 18, Ohio State 13...so into a frame that will go as a little something fun for him.

Just FYI, I stitched that piece in one afternoon. I probably could have stretched it out over a few days, but I was anxious to get it finished.

Nothing else too exciting to report from the day. The weather was cold and gloomy for most of it, so we stayed in and watched basketball and had delicious grilled burgers for dinner. The Martins has 95% lean patties already made, and I have perfected cooking them on the stove top in my cast iron grill pan. We normally eat them on toasted English muffins, but last night opted for ciabatta rolls instead. 

So a quiet, lovely weekend here in Hoosierville, followed by what I hope will be a lovely quiet week. We don't have Easter plans drawn up yet, but I can promise you there will be ham and pickled eggs and potato salad if it kills me!

Happy Monday to one and all! Come tell me all about life in your corner of the world!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Such thoughtful gifts!! Coni I have a stitch question. Reading your blog has encouraged me to start cross stitching. I ordered two small charts, ordered the floss but am having trouble finding the linen...most companies on line are sold out of Weeks Dye Works. Do you have a go to online company or retail shop that will ship? Thanks for your stitchy advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try 123 stitch online. They can help with substitute fabrics also.

      Delete
    2. Will check it out...thanks so much!!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful piece you have stitched for your goddaughter! Burgers sound good to me; maybe that will be dinner tonight. Happy Monday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress this weekend. I'm rotating through my large projects and watching NCAA women's tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! There is nothing better than a homemade gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! Now I've got to stitch mine. I agree with the above poster...nothing better than a homemade gift. Happy Easter Coni. Hope you have a blessed day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect gift for the Notre Dame and Ohio State lovers. Every year I have to hunt down new Ohio State stuff for my SIL. It's hard when his family still gets him stuff too. Have fun at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this chart. I like that it actually doesn't have names and dates. With things getting rescheduled and postponed and brides not always changing their name... THIS.

    ReplyDelete