Feb 1, 2021

MONDAY AGAIN

 


I felt like a six year old who didn't want to go to bed last night. I kept telling myself "five more minutes!" because I wanted to finish beading my piece, but my better angels prevailed and I stopped at a reasonable hour.

Phooey.

I also ordered a few more cardinal buttons from JABCO, and decided to put them on all of the wintry Mill Hill kits, even if they aren't called for. Something about a little touch of red on this will make me quite happy, I think.

We did get a fair amount of snow, but I'm not sure of the exact amount. The roads, God bless the crews, were mostly clear and dry this morning, so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Your gorgeous pictures of stitching and decorating have me all up in my head again, and I either need to calm down or get with it and start purging, organizing, and cleaning. 

(Or better yet, I could just stop looking at the gorgeous pictures of stitching and decorating for a minute until this passes and just...chill.)

Believe it or not, I didn't cook at all this weekend, so I need to get on the stick tonight and get us sorted in the meals department. Hopefully, I will feel well enough to do so tonight and we can have something healthy and hearty!

That's all the news from Hoosierville today, Dearies! Stay warm and safe and dry and come tell me all about life in your corner of the world!

9 comments:

  1. It’s a potato soup kinda day in Ohio❄️

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow started last night here (NYC) and hasn't let up. Those wintry trees you stitched would fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this piece- such pretty colors, and the beads are beautiful. I think adding those lovely cardinal buttons will look great too. I know how hard it is to stop when you're enjoying working on something, but hopefully you can get back to it soon! Hope your treatment went smoothly today!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Mill Hill, Coni! Can’t wait to see your cardinals attached, and agree the pop of red will be awesome. Hoping treatment is uneventful and you are soon home, cozy and in the happy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mill Hill piece is looking fabulous, Coni! I love the idea of adding the JABCO cardinal buttons. Here is to good meal for this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cardinals! What a great idea!

    Luv
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is always beautiful! Have A great evening! We even got snow last week here in Tucson, Arizona! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beads lift it up to a different level. Adding the cardinals will be the cherry on the cake! Nothing happening here, more rain = indoor chores and more quilting. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I think the cardinal buttons will be a really nice way to tie all your Mill Hills together :)

    ReplyDelete