Jan 14, 2021

OH...DEAR

Well, this goes into the category of raining and pouring, I suppose.

No stitching to report, Dearies. I was just knocked out cold for the duration yesterday, and came home with a very sore arm (probably due to an infiltration), and a good old case of the grumps.

(Infiltrations occur when the needles poke through the access wall and the surrounding tissue becomes extremely sore and swollen.)

So today I am a bit bleary eyed in the Happy Chair due to lack of sleep, and my only goal for the day is to survive it without becoming a blob of tears and pity.

I've got a big stack of newspapers and an ice pack ready to cart into the big girl sleigh bed, so all will be well, my Dears. All will be well.

Come tell me all about life in your corner of the world. Hopefully, it's simply delightful.


Added later...



I put myself into time out, finally. And before you berate me for the PopTart...they are a very rare and emergency treat for days like this and are under lock and key otherwise.

Today...we needed the big guns.

The blue thing is a polar fleece scarf that was a Christmas present from Fresenius (my d-chair company). They gave them to us last year, and everybody but me bitched about them because they wanted more, I guess.  I was actually thrilled to receive anything at all, since I figure them keeping me alive is gift enough.

But what do I know?

Anywhoose...it's holding the ice packs on Buzzy.

I just told Aunt Chrissy (via text) that I now understand how Stewey must have felt when he would put himself into time out in his little fort under the bed. When he had had enough of me, or if he was just having one of those days, he would disappear, and I would find him happily snoozing away or playing with his toys in his very own happy place.

I might just stay here all day.

17 comments:

  1. Many sympathies. I have an appointment with my oncologist tomorrow. My insurance company finally approved the tests he asked for 3 MONTHS AGO, yesterday. Guess who made a visit to the vampires today?!? Now I'm home & planning to retreat to my blanket fort until I go to work tonight.

    Hugs & love, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tray - hope you feel better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to ask you where you got your little breakfast tray. It's exactly what I need for exactly the same purpose... a safe spot for my coffee when I'm propped up on the day bed.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smaller is from Amazon, and the larger from Target. Both purchased online and very reasonably priced (below twenty bucks, I think).

      Delete
  4. Sad that you have been ill and in pain. Hope it passes very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the ice pack and time out do their business and that tomorrow will be a much better day. You have clearance to thoroughly enjoy the pop tart....if it makes that much a difference in getting on with things and leaves a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping you feel better Coni. I may not post often being relatively new, the you are one of my first email checks of the day because you inspire me. Not just with your fabulous skills, but your attitude. One earns every right to be grumpy. I appreciate your honesty because it gives us permission to be open when times are less than spectacular. In case I haven't said it, the Mill Hill is coming along beautifully. And the cardinal is spectacular. I want to do a kit that has more decorative/ornamental stitches, but alas I'm stuck in a rut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the good to you...be well in spirit & body

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you are feeling much, much more comfy today. Grumping is allowed when you are in pain and frustrated. Lots of relaxing on the cards and flosstube! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping Friday is a new and better day! Sometimes you just need a day off to get back to rights. I hope Buzzy behaves today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coni, you were in my thoughts yesterday (well, more than usual) and now I know why. I hope today is a better one for you. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pop Tart away Coni! And thanks to your inspiration I have completed my first stitching pattern in decades and I am ready to start another. I have experienced such peace while stitching away so thank you. I hope your pain subsides quickly and you can enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had an infiltration last month when they were trying to do a CAT scan. My arm did not forgive me for nearly a week. Hope yours gets over the insult much more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely deserve the emergency treats after the day you had! Here's hoping your next session is easier for you, you deserve some respite x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shopping online! I'm glad to see others do, too, although many people must to justify their huge inventories and quick service. I agree with Paisley above -- the trays are too cute! Hang in there, girlfriend, better days are ahead. You will get your "Warrior Extraordinaire" badge when it's all over! Not just anyone gets this exalted distinction. Only those whose attitude and bravery are exceptional and serve as the ideal and provide the best example to others. Rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. With everything you are dealing with it is a wonder you aren't grumpy more often! I know I would be :) Hope your arm is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete