Dec 1, 2020

THE TUESDAY REPORT

Woohoohoo, I was a stitching fool yesterday!

I came home from treatment, put my Snoopy robe on, and hit the Happy Chair with my Starbucks double shot and got my needle flying.

First up was a rather quick finishing of the Pat Thode Curly Hat Santa:

His sweater was rather improvised at the last minute. I think it looks like a chunky cable knit, which is exactly the look I was going for!

Next up is this gorgeous guy:

I would have started him last night, but it was getting a bit late and I didn't just want to slap thread on him...I want to savor each stitch clear headed and bright eyed.

When I went to bed, I fished out the FUPPY box from the nether regions of the big girl sleigh bed and retrieved these finishes from long ago...both Pat Thode canvases. (Are you detecting a theme here?)


His arm is stitched separately, and although I have misplaced the finishing instructions, I think you're supposed to make it puffy.

My sister and Miss Myrtis have been stitching Mill Hill ornaments for years and I have several in my stash, but other than one gifted to me by Miss Charlene, I don't think I've ever stitched one. So out came the sleighs, and before I knew it I had completed quite a bit:


What a fun and satisfying evening! JB Magoo watched the sports and hollered at his Eagles, and I went into a stitchy trance and heard jingle bells in my head.

Laundry is sploshing away and I am heading into the kitchen to make a pot of vegetable soup. I know it seems like I am obsessive with this soup, but it really is the magic trick for me to keep the weight down, fill up, and gets nutrients at the same time. I might never want to see a cup of it in a few months, but for now I'm sticking with it!

Happy Tuesday, Dearies! I hope you are warm and safe and well. Come tell me what's jingling in your neck of the woods!





10 comments:

  1. Have you shared your magic yummy vegetable soup recipe with us before ? Would you be willing to do so now? I need a good veggy soup recipe for winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's a few weeks back, but I'm happy to share it again: Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, shredded cabbage, minced garlic, chopped mushrooms, and a bit of Lawry's seasoned salt. Stir/sauté until softened. Add three small packets of no-sodium chicken bullion and mix well. Add one large can of seasoned diced tomatoes, frozen peas, frozen corn, and no-sodium chicken broth until soup consistency. Simmer on low.

      The original recipe for this is in the Curves diet book, but my sister adapted it and I think this version is just as good!

      Delete
  2. Your Santas are so pretty --- I love his bulky sweater! And thank you for the vegetable soup recipe --- I've got to try it --- it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an incredibly fast and talented stitcher! The Santa canvas is beautiful. How will these be finished? There must be a big stash hidden under that sleigh bed! Soup sound delish and I will try a pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is precious. You are off to a good start on the Mill Hill sleigh, Coni. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beard on the Santa with the extra sleeve. Will you share the thread and stitch? Will be making veggie soup tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching Coni! And thank you for sharing your veggie soup recipe. Love the Mill Hill sleigh. Awesome! Luv, m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that is a lovely Santa and the sweater is super! Well at least that is your five veg a day plus! No wonder it is so filling. And it works so win win! Such a productive day too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you stitch Santa's sweater! He is beautiful!
    I love soup too. When I make a big pot I will eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These canvases are gorgeous and the detail in stitching is spectacular. I happen to be a big Mill Hill fan. I've got way too many waiting in the stash and just got a generous gift certificate to Austiners. I'm in trouble now. AND Thanks for the soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete