Dec 26, 2020

POST CHRISTMAS SPINSTER SHENANIGANS AND A LITTLE FAREWELL


Happy Saturday, Dearies!

Buzzy and I are here in the d-chair doing our thing on a different day due to the holiday. It will be the same next week, which means I won't know what day it is well into the new year.

The crazy leggings were a gift from my JB. He spoiled me with several items from my amazon wish list, which delighted him and made life easy. I missed the element of surprise a bit, but was so excited to spend Christmas with him that it didn't matter one little bit.

Our day yesterday was lovely and quiet and my attempt at my first prime rib was apparently quite good despite my feeling that it was a bit too rare. My day was almost completely ruined when I scorched my stitching hand terribly by grabbing onto the thermometer (that had just come out of a 500 degree oven) like a total boofus, but I got ice and cold water on it right away and then, in a stroke of genius, slathered aloe vera all over it from the little plant on the counter.

I've never used aloe vera before and always thought it was hocus pocus, but I have to say...it worked like a charm and I was back to stitching in no time!

The Santa canvas that I decided to play with is the Snow Globe Santa from Janet Zickler Casey, and it was an ANG project from years ago. Miss Charlene has stitched all of these, I think, and thanks to her excellent guidance I was able to take enough notes to make this one super easy. This is stitched on needlepoint canvas, and the image is drawn on. The guide tells you what to stitch where, and hopefully, the finished product will be cute enough to finish and hang next year!

About that lap desk....it's basically just that. I was looking for something light weight and portable enough to drag here to dialysis. I have a lap desk that I love and use daily, but it is super heavy and rather cumbersome to carry about. This new one is made entirely of molded plastic and the lid lifts to reveal a perfect set of compartments to hold things. If you go to amazon and search for "lap desk with storage" you'll find tons of them there.

Dearies, I am thinking about taking a little blog/social media brake for a week or two to concentrate on some stash organizing, book reading, and general contemplating. I am spending hours and hours and hours a day on this here iPad thingie, and find myself being a bit too thirsty for attention.

Besides, I have rummaged and pillaged my IU bags, and have defeated the entire purpose of getting prepared for transplant. My dreams are constantly about being un-prepared and out of sorts and out of control, so it's time to get a better grip on my horses, so to speak.

I will pop back on New Year's Eve to wish you well...because not doing so would be silly.

So....talk amongst yourselves and carry on with the fun and be sure to come tell me all about it!

Love you!

❤️


18 comments:

  1. Taking care on one's self is difficult for we of the female persuasiom. You are once again a great role model !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daily posts have lifted my spirits through this pandemic. Now that the vaccine is being administered, I can certainly manage on my own for a bit. Take care of you, organize all the things, and come tell us all about it when you are finished. We will then tall you how wonderful you are and how much you inspire us! (Just do have the Jersey Boy pop on to tell us if you do get the transplant call! We'll need to shift our prayers a bit!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t forget to come back to us. We will miss you. Enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself first! Always! Hope to see you on the flip side of 2021...luv, m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break Coni! Can't wait to hear all about everything you got yourself into while away :) Love your new leggings and I hope you hand heals up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...get a lot of things done but don't wear yourself out! I agree that JB should find a way to let us know when you get the transplant. You will be missed this next week, but we can read old posts to get a fix. Enjoy the rest of the Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ll miss your posts, but please take care of yourself. Thank you for all the joy you bring to us! I’m very grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do that so iften, Coni. Why don't our brains remind us the thermometer has been in the oven, too! 😕 Enjoy your down time and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Put your self care first. Will be waiting to enjoy your posts when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased you had a lovely Christmas - oh and thank goodness for aloe vera! Close shave there and quick thinking on your part, phew!
    You have a well earned rest - stepping away from the computer is such a tonic. Take care and have a wonderful time and a very happy New Year to you both. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coni, thanks for the info about the lap desk. Glad the burn wasn't too bad and the aloe vera helped. Enjoy your internet break! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your time off. Know you will be missed very much but good for you. You are setting a good example for the rest of us 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Coni, you need this break. We should all be doing that!! We become “addicted”, I know I do. Of course, you know you will be missed, but this will be so good for you. We’ll keep stitching, and doing what we do. Rest and relax, and enjoy the peaceful time. Take good care!!! Happy New Year to you and JB!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please take care of yourself. Will miss your daily posts, but enjoy your break. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We will be waiting for all good news from you. Yes, that bag needs to be replenished, I know all about worrying in my sleep about things. Take care, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your gifts sound lovely, Happy New Year and thank you for blogging all the time. Sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coni, I landed on your blog quite by accident and I have so enjoyed hearing about your life. I have also been inspired to pick up a cross stitch project again for the first time in 20 years. Thank you and all the very best in 2021. May it be full of good health and happiness and untangled threads!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your time, and wishing only the very best to you in 2021.
    It's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete