Dec 6, 2020

MILL HILL CELESTIAL SLEIGH FEE NEE

When I started this little Mill Hill kit I thought to myself that I would be able to knock it out in a single day.

Well...um...not so much.

It took me a minute, but I finally figured some things out. First, was putting all of my stuff on my lap desk instead of trying to balance it all on the Happy Chair arms.


Then I had to try to figure out how to see the chart and hold the paper in my hand at the same time. Normally I use a needleminder/magnet and put it right on the linen, but the size of these ornaments doesn't allow for that. So...mini little clippy thingies to the rescue!

And finally...the last little bead was attached and then the little star:


So now I can go put my head on my pillow dreaming of Christmas sleighs. 

It's been a wonderfully lovely weekend, Dearies. I walked, rested, had lots of bed coffee, cooked, ate well and smartly, and enjoyed some time with my JB. I also discovered that I have been cooking pot roast wrong all this time. Today I seared the roast first and then cooked it in a 325 degree oven in my cast iron Dutch oven without the lid on for an hour and then let it rest.

It was perfection!

The new week is upon us! Here's hoping that it's a good one for all of us!
 

8 comments:

  1. Mill Hill projects are some of my favorite short or in between projects. I put felt on the back with a ribbon inserted between layers so that I can hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet sleigh and cute little star at the back too. Life is good for you at the moment and why not - about time. There is always something new to learn whatever your age and if it is food - well that's a bonus! LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, your sleigh looks great. Well done! Glad to hear your weekend was swell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a genius! Your sleigh is very cute. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the hint about the roast. For most of my adult life I've managed to overcook meat. Hubby's a very patient man....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put the lid on the Dutch oven so the meat basically steamed instead of roasted...blech! I also never remember to buy a chuck roast, which I'm told is the easiest and best cut for pot roast. This time is was a round sirloin tip roast.

      Delete
  6. Oh, my!!! I may need this sled. I *hate* stitching those perforated paper mill hills...but they are such treasures when finished!

    ReplyDelete