Oct 6, 2020

THE SPINSTER TAKES A WALK

Guess what I did?

I came home from dialysis, dropped my bag on the floor, grabbed my sunglasses, and went for a walk! 

I know this next fact will stun and amaze you, but I just happen to live within walking distance to not one, but TWO different Starbucks.

The first is inside the Martins and is exactly 543 steps from my front door, and the second is a bit further and about another block or so up the corner.

I decided to start with the one in the Martins (and hopefully graduate to the longer walk in a few weeks) and I got my damn good Cold Brew and sat (like a person does) and enjoyed it in the sunshine.

(Trenta cold brew with two pumps of sugar free cinnamon dulce syrup and a splash of cream.)

(JB thinks ordering at Starbucks is like reciting directions on how to build a nuclear launch device and anybody too pretentious to just drink a damn cup of coffee shouldn't be allowed to speak out loud.)

(I disagree.)

The Martins is located in a shopping center called Heritage Square, and there are lovely shops and restaurants and whatnot and a wonderful courtyard area with a fountain and tables and chairs.

(I love the Martins, and have missed going there. Yesterday was the first time I've visited in a very very long while....since well before the Corona hit.)

(And yes, I social-distanced and wore a mask the entire time.)

(Oh...and only had one meltdown when a person came within twenty-eight feet of me.)

Then I came home and watched the third part of a documentary on The New York Times (called The Fourth Estate...very good, in my opinion, but I am obsessed with newspapers lately), and I played with Eliana a bit:


I really am still loving her, but look what arrived in the mail yesterday:


 I know...right? My fingers literally started twitching to get this started. I had originally thought to stick with E until at least November, but I'm pretty sure this is going to hit the q-snaps as soon as I get the laundry sploshing and the dishwasher emptied.

So that's it for me today, Dearies. All good and happy things. I hope that you are enjoying the same in your little corner of the world! Come tell me all about it!

12 comments:

  1. What a glorious walk! Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, I am glad you were able to get a walk in with such lovely weather. And good for you on starting out slowly. The pumpkin piece looks like it will be a lovely piece to work on. Elliana is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the weather was good walking weather! I love the pumpkins-I'd want to start those right away too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pumpkin design Coni! And the framing....WOW So I might have just searched it out and maybe mentioned you in my password (are you as weary of remembering those darn things as I am??) Something along the lines of: Spinster made me do it might be a new favorite password, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pumpkin project is gorgeous! I'm afraid I'd have to start it, too. I'm glad you felt like taking a walk today and enjoyed a Starbucks out in the fresh air! So happy you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you not start those beautiful pumpkins right away and especially when your nail polish matches them so perfectly! Your progress on Eliana is amazing! Also I have no idea how to order at Starbucks so I usually just ask for a vanilla cold brew or something boring. I always feel so rushed to order quickly that I have never asked them what I am supposed to say. Maybe I will just steal your order but my luck would be that they don't have cinnamon dulce syrup here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had the Glendon Place pumpkin pattern for a long time. Julie of Reflections Framing and Stitching (Floss Tuber) couldn't have her fall retreat this year. So she and a couple of her friends came up with a stitch-a-long, "Out of the Stash at Last". Each Thursday in October, we're starting a new project that has been in our stash quite a long, we've always loved it, but never quite got around to starting it - for some reason. My start this Thursday is that exact chart!!! Go to #outofthestashatlast on Instagram and see all the fun projects for October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby - you must be in Omaha!! I'm in Bellevue and rely on Julie and Reflections. I've never done her retreats or in shop stitching (when you actually could!) because I wa teaching. Now in retirement and Covid I'm playing a lifetime of catch up. I have a LOT of out of the stash!

      Delete
    2. Namcy, I actually live in the Denver metro area. My granddaughter plays volleyball at the college she attends. Was able to attend a game in Lincoln last fall, so went a day early, stayed in Omaha specifically to visit Julie and the shop. I have a few too many trips next year (God willing and COVID is under control). But hope to attend one of her retreats in 2022!!!

      Delete
  8. That is a nice Martin's, I have been there several times,but not since 2016. My daughter worked for Joe Donnelly that year and camped out in the upstairs of that Martin's to manage volunteer canvassers that summer. I was one of the volunteers. I enjoyed learning about the Granger area, plus there is great shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happyhappyhappy news! Lovely blue sky and coffee outside. Heavenly day for you. Here's wishing this continues for you. The pumpkin patch looks irresistible - I'd want to dive in there too. Elliana as intricate as ever is looking not far off a feenee though?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete