Sep 21, 2020

MONDAY...IN WHICH THE POTATO DECIDES TO DON PANTS AND GO TO DIALYSIS


Hello, Dearies!

The weekend has concluded with all of its shenanagins, and Buzzy and I are back to work keeping me alive and kicking. For as much as I dread coming here, there is something comforting in the routine of it, and I remind myself daily to be grateful that dialysis was invented oh so long ago to keep us going. It may not be going as fast or well as we would like, but going at all certainly beats the alternative.

That's not to say that it's all sunshine and unicorns dipped in glitter all the time. This weight issue has me grumbling and miserable and desperate to lose 20 pounds before the end of October. The liquid diet was, unfortunately, an epic fail (some chemical in it didn't like me very much, and the feeling was more than mutual, I assure you), and no matter what I do the numbers just won't budge.

I'm off to a new good start today, though, and determined to get some exercise in the beautiful sunshine when I get home this afternoon. Even if it's just up and down the stairs a few times...I need to move my heiney.

No stitching progress to report. I poked Eliana a few times, but kept getting distracted by this or that. She is coming along nicely, though, so never fear...she'll be complete and sparkling like a Vegas show girl in no time.

So that about does it for me today. Thank you for the birthday wishes for little Bosco. I'm told that he had a good day with lots of snoozy naps in his new fancy blanket that just happens to have his name on it (thank you, amazons!).

Happy Monday to one and all! I hope the week ahead will be filled with blessings and giggles! Come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. If it will help, please know that you are in my thoughts. I agree with you about dialysis.
    Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a good week, success in losing some weight, and joy in the early fall outdoors. I'm so glad summer is done, it was way too hot and humid for way too long. Had family over yesterday and we sat outside for hours. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fortitude is formidable. Best of luck in doffing those lbs. getting the spring back in your step. Hope your day goes
    more than well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New reader here. Keep up the good fight. You will get there...slowly but steadily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Well done Buzzy behaving! Steps are good for cardio. I think as the weather starts to cool down, I become more alive (think Frankenstein's monster) she lives! Getting the weeds under control is the next thing and already the garlic and winter onions have arrived for planting! There is no let up for me yet! Good job mother-in-law and I cleared a few beds when she was here! Another nice day is lurking with a gentle breeze. So off to feed the quacking bokking birds! Hope you have a lovely Tuesday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steps are good exercise. I'll join you. You can do it, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every little bit helps! You will get there :)

    ReplyDelete