Aug 12, 2020

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS REMIND ME OF STEWEY?

I'm just home from dialysis and am going to stitch a bit on Come Tarry before dinner, I think. For some reason this piece always reminds me of Stewey...maybe because it's soft and sweet? 

(Either that, or it vexes me a bit since I screwed up the wording and stitched them all together in one paragraph rather than split them between rows.)

(Stewey didn't vex me, exactly, but he did have the uncanny ability to pee on the drapes the very second I got them re-hung after a thorough washing).

Damn dog.

Treatment went better that expected today. The day after a procedure is usually a rest day for my arm because it's so sore, but I gritted it out and was happy that the pain was much much less than expected. Apparently Buzzy was blocked by as much as 90%, so the timing of getting it done was perfect. 

(Blockage is a very normal thing, by the way. An AV fistula is not a normal construction for one's body to readily accept, so it does its best to close it off.)

( How, though, I was managing to get good clearances with that much blockage is beyond me, but what do I know?)

Nothing else on my agenda for a few days, Dearies. I'm going to let my JB fend for himself in the kitchen tonight, and tomorrow I will sleep in, have some bed coffee, and video chat with Dr Melfi at 1:00. I'm hoping for a swimming pool day to get some exercise completed, but won't be too heartbroken if I have to stay in the Happy Chair stitching instead!

Thanks for bearing with me during my recent grumps. I know I've been out of sorts lately, and I haven't really figured out why, but I didn't want you to think I was trying to sneak it by you. Sometimes you get the bull. Sometimes you get the horns, I guess.

(Speaking of bulls and horns...am I the only one out here obsessing about Rip on Yellowstone?  I never thought myself a cowboy kind if gal (especially given my proclivity for JB), but...hubba hubba. You gotta be some kind of dreamy to pull my attention away from Mr Costner, I tell ya!)

OK. Time to go behave myself for a bit. Happy Futzingday, Dearies! Come tell me all about what's got YOUR attention today!

9 comments:

  1. Cole Hauser is totally the sexiest guy on Yellowstone I think. But I'm a big Costner fan too. Glad you had a better than expected session. Fight on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to watch that! Cowboys and Kevin. Now if Sam Elliot pops in then oooh eeeeeeee! Glad the pipes are working well now and you had a better day. 90% ooh crikey! You let off steam, grump or whathaveyou and it's fine, no worries, it's part of the healing process and us girls have got it down to a fine art - unlike the menfolk.
    Here was an oozing, dripping wish for air conditioning day. The storms again went round but nada here. It wasn't until I went to bed that I saw lightening, even though I had been sitting in the dark with windows open, I'd not noticed - we even had stars, but a teeny bit of cloud behind us was carrying the light from miles away, the sound wasn't carrying this far. The big dipper was really bright. A nice breeze in the early hours and this morning is comfortable but cloudy - misty sort of cloud and the sun is just popping over the horizon. But still no rain so vegetable patch watering is on the cards today. The sheep are baaing in the field below. A lovely chill out session with breakfast!
    Hope you have a nice swim, I'd join you if I could.
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and Buzzy were troopers, Coni! Hope your Thursday is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Thursday is peaceful and calm. I have also had a case of the grumps recently. I blame it on August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need M & M's (just a few) for happy pills. I love following you (since you are a new discovery for me). You put a grin on my face everyday - because we all get grumpy every-so-often. Could you show me what the white edging around the piece you are working on is? I think I know but would love to learn a little more about it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of Stewey too :) Maybe because I could picture him sleeping in the sun in those hills

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Buzzy is feeling better. Do you have to have him replaced, or just keep cleaning it out?
    Today was a sleepy day for me, I keep nodding off in the recliner. It is sooo hot here in Texas, good grief! It is 105 here. Wish I could splash in that pool with you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coni, if you didn't get the grumps from time to time, I would be worried. This year has been especially difficult for all of us. (I myself have just finished up a particularly horrid day.) Dealing with dialysis and trying to get a body part is just the cherry on the cake of your day, I'm sure. So no worries about being grumpy. I, for one, (and I'm sure I speak for MANY people) can't wait to see the end of 2020. Hope you are having a better day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, you had me at Yellowstone!!! I've become a big, big fan this past year. And, yes - I've always supremely liked Mr. Costner - not so much his personal life. But, actor-wise, yes, big fan. Mr. Hauser, I have always very much liked, and sincerely thought was way under rated as an actor. However, the very mention of Mr. Sam Elliott, yes - I will swoon.... Of course, ya'll need to realize I am watching all this while stitching. I'm hoping I have now re-deemed myself. Say - what happened to your obsession with Mr. Jeffrey Dean Morgan????

    ReplyDelete