Aug 22, 2020

WHEN THE SIZE OF YOUR COLD BREW IS PROPORTIONAL TO YOUR D-CHAIR HANGOVER

 

Ugh.

Super rough treatment followed by a hard nap followed by dinner too late followed by passing out on the couch until 7am followed by another hard sleep in the big girl sleigh bed until 2:00 this afternoon equals one out of sorts spinster.

I was just thinking about how much I want to return to Guild and how my Saturdays need to go back to spending time with my stitchy friends and other shenanagins with Miss Charlene and Miss Jane....but nope...Crash City.

(Apparently you just can't depend on me for anything but unpredictability.)

The weather has returned to hot and sticky, and I am totally convinced this is more than part of my problem. The minute that humidity goes down and the windows go open and the breeze goes floating by I seem to feel 100% better.

(Damn weather.)

Today will be some pool time followed by some design board making time followed by some stitching time. I wish I could adequately express how much I am enjoying this piece, as well as how much complete stitchy peace has finally settled over me. Who knew the organization of working threads was always such a huge issue for me?


I hope that you very own weekend is wonderfully swell and that you have some stitchy peace of your very own! The mask orders continue to come in. Thank you for that! According to the manufacturer, they should ship to me the week of September 4th, and I am ready and waiting with envelopes addressed!

Cheers, Dearies! Do something wonderful for yourself and come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. your stitching is so beautiful, each stitch is perfect. Wow!! I am loving seeing how this piece is progressing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes perfect sense that organizing your working threads brings peace -- you love your planners, mandalas, organizing the cube room, having a seasonal or monthly basket of projects . . . just enough OCD to be useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you had a bit of a stretch of nice weather to open your windows recently, I'm jealous! Denver is on day #60 of 90° or above this summer (praises that we don't have the humidity as well). And for 2 weeks now we've had fires in western Colorado, we're at 5 now, with smoke blowing over Denver so bad that it's worse than the worst smog day anywhere. Now the smoke from CA is here as well. But, I'm not in danger off 2 hurricanes hitting roughly the same spot within days of each other - always something to be thankful for!
    I need to get a mask ordered, but need to wait for funds to the checking account on 9/1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same when the humidity goes up. We really don't get much of break here in the summer. Ugh! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could say I accomplished a lot when the humidity dropped for a few days earlier this week. Alas, I did not. I merely rejoiced in not feeling sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do the ladies of the Guild not do a Zoom meeting thing? We have several groups of people here who used to get together weekly and we have changed to Zoom meetings. While they aren't as wonderful as face-to-face meetings and stitch-ins, they are definitely the second best thing. They have done wonders for my need to interact with people. Check with MzCharlene, I bet she knows of one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, missed this post yesterday. Glad you feel a bit better after your rough session. But progress is being made with super stitching. Yesterday was likely to be the kindest day while our son visits, so we went to a place on the north coast where shipwrecks used to happen often (last time we were there, there was a huge boat on the shoreline - a little disappointed it wasn't still there). The rocks look like stegosaurus blades going into the sea. No wonder the boats got caught. And some possibly lured - YARRRR! So we started at Hartland Quay and walked the 3 miles to Hartland Point to the lighthouse. Most of it vertical with steep drops down the other side - and too many steps to bother counting. Return journey was jelly legs and just about managed to feed the birds before snoozing on the sofa! It was very windy but dry and the sun came out. Today - back to rain. Oh well, nice while it lasted. I have since been told that this was the most strenuous walk along the coast - gee, thanks! But I'm stubborn and won't let it beat me! LOL!
    I hope today is such a nice day for you, as I'm sure the weather does play tricks with our bodies. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete