Aug 8, 2020

BY WAY OF EXPLANATION...

Sorry to confuse everybody with this whole weight thing.

The bottom line is that I need to get back to the 240 range and be very careful to only gain 1-2 pounds of fluid in between treatments.

I gained a lot of weight quickly and missed a few treatments, so we figured a lot of it was fluid...thus the big attempt to pull a lot of fluid. 

Turns out, though, that the weight was actual body weight, so pulling that much caused me to crash because it was below my "dry weight".

OK.

Now even I'm confused.

Here...let's make it easy on ourselves, Dearies.

I am being super duper careful again so that the post-treatment weight on Fridays goes down each week. Being super duper careful means watching what I eat, limiting my fluid intake, and increasing my exercise.

Today I had an egg white/turkey sausage English muffin sandwich, swam/flapped around in the pool for a half hour, and had rice cakes and a little cucumber/tomato/feta salad with balsamic for lunch. 

So back on track...heading in the right direction, and determined to get there!

Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. So hard to be so strict with the diet and food, Coni. Just always keep in mind what you will be gaining...a new life! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You can do it!👌🤗👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she's off! To be fair you had some very testing times and perhaps a bit of comfort eating was compensating a little. Now you have grabbed the bull by the horns and yeehaa! Here HRH has dropped to 10 and a half stone. Me still on 15 stone and eating his diet. His metabolism kicked in - I'm still waiting! The doctor told him that he must put on more weight. So he eats more and loses more! I'm waving the "it's not fair" flag! But at least it hasn't gone upwards - but plenty more to go. There's a reason why I put our veggie patch at the opposite end of the field - I have to walk there and back! We can do this - I was originally above 260lb! If I can get down to 154 I'd be thrilled!
    Keep going Coni - I'll be with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the explanation. It seems body and mind can be our own worst enemies for losing weight as we get older. Maybe you and I should team up on the diet/exercise thing - I suspect if I lost a bunch my hip would feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheering you on. This takes guts, which you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! You have done it before and will do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have constantly struggled with my weight. Currently at the most I have ever been and I don't like it one bit! Ever heard of Carb Cycling? It is the one "diet" that seems to make sense to me. Perhaps something I can do long term. We shall see. Throwing it out there for you to investigate.

    ReplyDelete