May 9, 2020

IN WHICH WE START WATCHING THE STAR WARS AND THE SPINSTER SLEEPS A SATURDAY AWAY...

We watched three of the Star Wars movies last night...Episodes IV, V, and VI. Tonight, we have started I, II, and III, and tomorrow we will follow whatever order the last three plus extras are supposed to be in.

So this means that I came home from the d-chair yesterday and sat in the Happy Chair and stared at the TeeVee screen until bedtime, and today has been mostly about sleeping.

We did have a good dinner just now...steaks, au gratin potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and creamed spinach a la Yours Truly, and now that the kitchen is put back to rights, we will continue.

No stitching, Dearies, but I hope to do better tomorrow with the whole being awake thing. I hope your very own weekend has been peaceful and lovely!
May the Force be with you!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes sleep is the best medicine. 😌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting through that marathon! Hubby was given a Clint Eastwood collection for his birthday from his mum. We are going through them - I had a great singalong with Paint Your Wagon. He wasn't looking forward to that (or my singing) - but was pleasantly surprised and found he enjoyed it.
    So I hope you are refresheshed and your batteries recharged.
    Yesterday was a busy day in the field. We are expecting an unusual cold snap, so all hands on deck to protect the crops! Today will be similar and then I'll be sewing when the weather is bleh! I now have one broody duck - so I'm keeping fingers crossed for more ducklings - and a broody chicken has 3 duck eggs that's she's been cooking since 5th May. Hoping one is successful this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep and Star Wars -- yay! Your steak meal sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete