May 2, 2020

BACK TO THE BIG GIRL SLEIGH BED I GO

It's an absolutely gorgeous day today here in Hoosierville. The birds are sweetly tweeting, the sun is shining, it's in the 70's, and the breeze is perfectly cool and fresh.

Rich is over on campus talking his daily walk, and I have decided to come back to the big girl sleigh bed to read the week's papers:
For some reason, I was decidedly "off" this week and kind of phoned it in. I didn't really do much of anything at all really, so today I have decided that a bit of catch up is in order. I am hoping to get these papers out of the way and then stitch on the balcony this afternoon.

Maynia has begun, and I am really enjoying the various plans and progress shared in this thing of ours. I decided not to participate this year because I seem to be so....eh....about everything, and for me it would have been disrespectful to do it half-heiney. Besides, it's supposed to be a fun endeavor, and nobody needs a frog in the punch bowl at the garden party this year, right?

I am going to finish the outer portion of the quadrant of Baked Alaska today, I think, and then move on to something different for a few days, This will sound totally nuts, I'm sure, but I want to savor this one and not plow through it so fast I can't enjoy every stitch of it.

Do you ever have a piece like that?

Happy Saturday, Dearies! I hope that your corner of the world is....peaceful and lovely today. Come tell me everything that makes your heart sing!

6 comments:

  1. I've got your "ehs" too! I may be the quarantine thing that starting to get me down. I've been sewing masks since March 15 & that is also starting to wear me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pacing myself with Shepherds Bush Toy Gatherer. Finished Herb Gatherer last year and just love this stitching. I have to make myself put it down if I'm not really enjoying but in the mode of just trying to finish it. Glad you are stretching yours out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean...I have had those...not unlike a good book that you don't want to end or a motion picture you wish
    would continue forever...Alas, I am now working on a lovely piece that I just want to get through ..the beauty of it does
    not always guarantee the joy of working on it.... Your weather not unlike ours today... Enjoy overy bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, hope you had a lovely Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Saturday sounded a lot like my Sunday. The sun was out and it was a beautiful day. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most of us get those days we have to step back occasionally. I've been ploughing through Charles Dickens books. I'm stuck on David Copperfield because it makes me cross - man, that lady is for you not the other one arrghhh!
    But it rains this weekend, I've done the chores and yesterday was sewing day. More blocks added to the bed. I am enjoying this quilt, probably because of all the little fun things in it, but laying them down together really brings it home - this is going to be a big quilt and I'm going to have to manhandle it through the machine somehow! YIKES!
    A frog in the punchbowl - hubby found a frog in the toilet bowl a few days ago. He said it was Godzilla and swam back from whence it came. Which is strange as I found a little frog the same time last year! Maybe it is the same one. Anyhooooooo, glad you are feeling better with the pinky nails and the super stitching (I'm going backwards in time) and stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete