Apr 8, 2020

HAPPY WEDNESDAY



Hello, Dearies! 

Buzzy and I are in the d-chair doing our thing on a grey foggy day here in Hoosierville. I was worried when I got here and spied a new tech, but it turns out that all of that fretting was for naught (as it usually is). The stick was damn near perfect and thus far we are running at full speed without any difficulties.

Thank you for all of the Bosco love. Isn't it fun to see his little face again? I miss him so very very much, but get my fix every now and then with a text from him or a little FaceTime.

I feel like I stitched a fair bit yesterday:

I know that I originally planned to stitch The Flood during this whole thing, but I have really really enjoyed Hoity Toity these last few days. I do know, however, that Plum Pudding is going to make a re-appearance, since her beads arrived and she is ready to get tarted up like a Vegas showgirl.

Today will be an exercise in restraint. I really want to order the next dessert series kit from Glendon Place. I keep telling myself that a little indulgence would be OK under the circumstances, and that a new stitchy kit would be better for me than Oreos, but...

Speaking of Oreos, I managed to break out the frozen ones last night after dinner. I fretted over it for an hour or two after scarfing them down, but then felt better when I realized that I've been doing pretty well overall and an occasional treat is not going to kill me.

No other news to report. I tried the bubble thing on the balcony yesterday, but didn't really have too much success. I think I need a bigger wand. But I am still contemplating putting a bottle at each door of our building with a little note inviting my neighbors to a bubble party. I have visions of us all standing on our respective balconies blowing bubbles together and having it be a happy joyous thing, but with my luck it will be an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions, as most of my facacta ideas are.

TeeVee watching has been mostly Sopranos, The Newsroom, and movies, but I understand that there are a few new things coming that will most definitely strike my fancy from Masterpiece and Julian Fellows. I am contemplating a re-watch of Downton Abbey and The West Wing, but should probably learn to spread my wings a bit and try something new.

OK....enough of the babble. I am starting to feel a bit crashy, so am going to close my eyes now.

Happy Wednesday Futzingday to one and all! Do something futzy and come tell me all about it! I am following your stories of homesteading, stitching, cooking, and reading like a crazy person!



8 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to cross stitch. I love your blog but I don't
    understand your hoop. What kind it is and the material around it. Also the things you have on top of it...
    clear as mud I know : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! You just have to do the bubble party! I know the Dollar Tree has small bottles of bubbles on a card for Easter gifts, for a dollar. What a great idea.

    I enjoy you as well as your blog so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer to join in with a bubble party. It always takes me back to a simpler point in my life while I watch the bubbles float away.

    I like the bubble party idea. It would help the parents entertain the kiddos a few minutes with something different they may not have thought about.

    Elizabeth in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coni! Glad to hear you're doing well. All's well here, too. Expecting some sleety snow tomorrow (near Buffalo, NY), but that's OK....was very busy today because the weather was so gorgeous, so I'll be happy to sit on my rear and stitch the day away.

    I LOVE the colors in The Flood. Even though it's almost Easter, the colors remind me of fall, and not to rush the seasons, but I'm really, REALLY looking forward to that time of year, when, hopefully this devilish plague will be in the rear view mirror and life can return to 'normal'.

    So happy your d-chair time was uneventful today....it's the little things that can make our lives so sweet, right? Going to stitch now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay a happy Buzzy day with happy stitches!
    I think a bubble party is a super fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of a bubble party! Hubby and I puttered around the house Wed and got a fair number of small tasks completed. Not sure yet what is planned for Thurs. I do have some stitching goals...Love your progress on Hoity Toity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too think the bubble party is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also think a bubble party would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete