Nov 23, 2019

SATURDAY SPINSTER BLISS...

 Is it wrong that I love this whole Saturday morning in bed thing so much? I swear, sometime around Wednesday afternoon I start thinking "Just a few more days until Saturday in bed time!"

Today the frost is on the pumpkins out there in Hoosierville, but I am cozy and toasty here in the big girl sleigh bed with lots of good things to keep me occupied:
I am about thirty pages into this book, but have no shame in telling you that I have read those thirty pages about four times. I want this book to last forever and am literally savoring each and every word of it. I decided to really truly enjoy it, rather than gobble it up in one sitting, and my pacing has paid off. This one is definitely worth it, in my opinion.

Of course, there is the requisite damn good. This is cup number two, which is the one that I enjoy. Cup number one is purely medicinal, and very rarely remembered. Methinks I might need to investigate the new Starbucks power coffee with twice the caffeine. That way I could get my morning jolt and reduce the amount of fluid intake!

I will get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and go to early Mass and then to the d-chair. Because of Thanksgiving, I am on a Sunday-Tuesday-Friday rotation this week. That means that today will be an absolute rest day for me so that I can have enough oomph to cook and enjoy all of the festivities. It will be just Magoo and I, but as you probably figured, I will cook enough to feed a small country.

As soon as I read the paper and get a good hot shower, I am going to settle in with Hoity Toity. I have completed the bottom portion of the border and a little bit of each side border, so now it's on to the middle areas! I'd show you a pic, but at the moment, it's sleeping nicely on the ottoman, and my toes are too toasty here in the bed to get up to retrieve it.  Forgive me?

So that's it for now, Dearies. I hope you're having your own bit of happy. wherever you are. Please do something lovely for yourself today, even if it just means looking in a mirror and smiling at what you see!

Back to the bliss!

5 comments:

  1. Being kind to oneself is very important. Especially when one's stress levels are high! Enjoy this 'you' time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, there is nothing wrong with carving this bit of time out of your Saturday morning for yourself. I think it is a good way to start your weekend with being kind to yourself. Looking forward to seeing your update on Hoity Toity! Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see nothing wrong with it at all. It's nice to have a relaxing day set - you need an unwinding session from all the stressy things you have to deal with. Plus with the winter approaching it's sounding more and more the ideal place to be! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're enjoying The Starless Sea, it's my most anticipated read this year! I loved The Night Circus so much and have heard amazing things about this one. I don't have a copy yet but Santa might bring me one in his sleigh πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always forgiven for everything :) You know you could have more mornings in bed then just Saturday ;)

    ReplyDelete