Nov 15, 2019

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME...

That sound you heard was me having a fight with consciousness and losing. Me and the aggressive dialysis? Um, maybe not so much.

Exhibit A (blood pressure 110/70):

Exhibit B (blood pressure 90/50):

Exhibit C (Whoopsie Daisy...blood pressure 70/30):

Poor Lorie...this happened at shift change, so one minute I was telling Marcella I was starting to feel a little "tunnelly", and the next thing I knew Lorie was squeezing the saline bag for all it was worth to revive me.

(Tunnelly means I suddenly had the sensation of being whooshed backwards through a tunnel.)

(And not in the good way.)

Damn, drat, and phooey anyway. That fluid return meant that I came off the bloody scale .1 kg heavier than last Friday...a gain of almost a quarter pound. 🤬 I had really hoped to be able to light the fireworks today and unfurl the Mission Accomplished banner, but I guess that will just have to wait until next week.

Yes, I know that there is no way Dr Goggins will deny me for a fraction of a pound, but I am a completely over-achieving eager beaver perfectionist maniacal lunatic, and I want to walk in that exam room five pounds under his goal.

So, pray for me this weekend, Dearies. I am in the home stretch and not giving up now!  Who ever the patron saint of weight loss is better be sittin' up in the buggy, because I need all the help I can get!

8 comments:

  1. You got this. Glad that Lorie brought you back among us, because you are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuk, hate the rushing in the ears sound. I also hate the feeling you are inside a shell with no control over your arms and legs. My husband says I grunt, but as far as I'm concerned I'm having a conversation about being fine and it'll pass. My blood pressure is pretty normal, but I do have the odd hiccup - usually eating out!
    The time lapse is scary - to you it's just seconds to others it's minutes! I'm guessing that is the same with you. So I'm with you, sister, on this - you are doing great and it seems you have a super team ready to help you out of the shadows. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had to deal with a bout of consciousness yesterday, but glad you have 'essential' personnel surrounding you during chair time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are back and raring to go...that is good. Dr.G will be proud of you anyway, just like the rest of us are. Go at the pace that is best for your welfare. You are going to do this.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yer gonna do it! Well, you've BEEN doing it, which is why you're so close. You're officially on my prayer list. A big Atta Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dearest, this slight weight gain is all fluid. The real weight you need to lose is fat. Keep on the plan and you will make it over the finish line waving a flag. God bless you. You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol funny !!! yes, i know its serious, but your way of telling it sure IS funny. Are you sure we cant blame it on low blood sugar so that you could at least get a sucker out of the ordeal?!? ....or maybe it's just a foreshadowing of the vision you will soon have as they wheel you down the hall from receiving your new kidney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my dear! I am glad you are able to tell us a funny story about it but my that must be scary! I loved the blood pressure reference pictures :)

    ReplyDelete