Nov 25, 2019

AND...WE'RE BACK

I confess that my weekend was a complete and total blur of nothingness. I was supposed to go to 8am Mass and then dialysis yesterday, but didn't quite ever make it out of the big girl sleigh bed. I don't know what my problem was exactly, but I was sickety sick sick.

Today, though, was a totally different story. I got up at a decent hour, had my two cups of damn good, watched a little West Wing (I'm bingeing it again), got a big burst of energy, and cleaned the apartment like an Amish lady.

I somehow even managed to do four loads of laundry and clean and organize the fridge, freezer, and pantry and then hop in a nice hot shower and put on clean clothes.

Will wonders never cease?

Rich should be here shortly with all of the Thanksgiving feasting provisions. We got the bird on Saturday, but he insisted on shopping for all of the other things today. This will be an enormous test of my ability to go with the flow, since I am sure that his list is sensible and proportioned correctly, as opposed to mine which would require two carts and a herd of sherpas to get it up here.

(The menu will be the same, but we're going to try to cook for two this year instead of two and twenty.)

Wish me luck.

If all goes according to plan, tomorrow will be a dialysis and Notre Dame basketball day and Wednesday will be a day to rest and maybe do a little bill paying and paperwork. Thursday is Thursday, and then Friday will be another d-day. Saturday will be decorating day and then hopefully Sunday will get us back into routine with Mass and breakfast out.

So the week is planned, the house and Yours Truly are clean, and the holidays are upon us, Dearies!

Hoity Toity continues...I'm going to get right back to it as soon as I leave you:

Happy Monday! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. NoW I'm worried for you since you skipped a d day. You know us pixels out here in the nethersphere love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Sometimes you just need a day off to recharge all your systems. If only that worked for your kidneys! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go again, laying low for a period and then getting on with conquering the world; dissipating all that hard-earned energy....Amish attention to the apartment, laundry, scrubbing down the fridge, freezer and pantry... draining just to read about it....Did you forget the D chair tomorrow?
    Hope you saved enough stamina to wing it through. We fretful
    Mother's hearts out here worry about you and want you to be
    in top form to meet Mr. Tom T Thursday... Good for Rich in
    shopping for two plus instead of a battalion. Easy does it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, glad you are feeling better. I did an annual necessity today that required smashing and squishing. Then got rewarded with pan-fried salmon and some stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blooming sickety sick hitting you - but didn't you come back in full throttle. Now you can relax. Happy that you feel better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was half as productive as you are!

    ReplyDelete