Oct 30, 2019

FUTZINGDAY IN THE D CHAIR

Well, here we are again, Dearies...in the d-chair doing our thingamajig on a cold and rainyWednesday here in Hoosierville.

I was very very bad last night and stayed up way past my bedtime reading this:
I confess...it felt so good to sit there in the wee hours turning pages that I completely lost track of time. I haven't done that in forever!

I also managed to stitch quite a bit yesterday:
I'm making good progress on those letters...maybe I can finish them this week?

After fishing through the garage a bit I found this collapsable ort container that I have been looking for to use while away from the Happy Chair:
It was a gift from Tomorrow's Heirlooms, and seems to have been made by someone called LBCrafty. If you are LBCrafty or know how I can find him/her or if you know where I might find these little guys, would you let me know? They are just perfect for my little tool kits that I put in each project.

Speaking of:

I finally found tool kit nirvanna with this photo box gizmo from the Michaels. Now I just need to save my pennies for a whole bundle of them and I'll be all set!

(The scissor fob is from my sister's etsy shop. Isn't it so very pretty.)

(Her shop name is SiggysCloset in case I haven't mentioned it before.)

So that's the report for a drizzly Futzingday. I'm going to kick off my shoes, get the headphones on with some good music, and try to stitch the day away! I hope you get to do the same, minus all of the medical paraphenalia!


8 comments:

  1. The Way Back Machine found an archived page with contact info for Linda Burgess https://web.archive.org/web/20100702101542/http://www.lbcrafty.com/

    Sadly, I also found an obituary. https://maine.funeral.com/2019/05/06/linda-d-burgess/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Years ago, before she made the origami orts favor for the ANG seminar dinner, I bought a dozen of them plus extra envelopes. Had been thinking of order more -- I'm too late

    ReplyDelete
  3. How big is your photo box gizmo?? I could use a new one! Thanks.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are instructions to make your own collapsible ort box!
    http://tkdchick.blogspot.com/2011/08/ort-box-tutorial.html

    I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some other versions. https://byopiapress.wordpress.com/2018/12/18/byopia-press-2018-advent-calendar-day-eighteen-and-four-versions-of-a-twist-close-box/

      Delete
  5. It's lovely when you get so into a book that you just carry on. The author would be so happy to know that you were spellbound by her. My husband reads in bed while I just like the lights off so I can sleep. Soooooo if you can't beat 'em, join 'em and I started to read, only they were Terry Pratchett books and his sense of humour and mine just made me laugh. The more I stifled the laugh, the worse it got. I am now banned from reading in bed - apart from bouncing by giggles, I also carried on through the night and he complained about the light being on.
    Love the little folding box. A handy little thing for all craft peeps. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, I hope your futzing day in the chair went smoothly. What is the name of your tool box? I know you said a photo box from Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That might just be what I do tonight when I go to bed. I have gotten out of the habit of reading before bed and am really craving a good book. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete