Oct 25, 2019

FRIDAY!


Happy Friday, Dearies!  I'm here in the d-chair letting Buzzy and Beepy do their thing while I contemplate what to get into today. I had a simply perfect Thursday, so I am still basking in the glow of good sleep, lots of Downton, and a fair bit of stitching.

Life here is quiet and swell...just how we like it. I am in a bit of a stitchy rut and feeling like I might need a good studio day to blow away the cobwebs, but that's what Sunday afternoons are for, right? I am going to attempt a good house scrubbing and a small start on the garage (!) tomorrow, but Sunday will be a fun day.

The garage is filled to the brim with everything from CS2. It is somewhat organized, but the entire center of it is loose stuff that really needs to be sorted. I just haven't had the emotional wherewithal to look at it, much less purge and clean it, but I think it's time. I am going to purchase a bunch of storage containers at the Targets and just start sorting. I'm sure that once I get into it the release of things will be much easier, but I could use a few prayers that the sight of Stewey's big teddy bear won't send me into the ugly cry.

(But...even if I do, who cares, right? Nobody will know and/or see me in there snotting all over my big girl sweatshirt, so if I need to boohoo for a bit, I might as well go for it, right?)

The physical, mental, and emotional work with be good for me, I think. And, if nothing else, the resulting space to park the car this winter will more than make up for the loss of thirty year old business suits and other crap that I haven't clapped eyes on in forever.

So...d-chair today followed by a night out at the Hooters with some friends tonight, a little cleaning and organizing tomorrow followed by the Notre Dame/Michigan game, and then Mass and some studio time on Sunday. All in all a very nice weekend plan indeed.

Oh! I forgot my Downton Saturday abed tomorrow! I absolutely will do that, since it seems to get me off on the right foot.

I hope your very own weekend is going to be wonderful. Come tell me all about your plans for it!

6 comments:

  1. We are all entitled to an ugly, snotty cry once in a while. For me, it helps get rid of all the crap I've been holding in and start (kinda) fresh. Purges are good. I think once you get to it, it will be much easier than you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, downsizing and purging clothes, papers, memorabilia, and supplies from my working years was very freeing and, the best part is that the stuff no longer annoys me. It's not here. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a big, snotty, ugly cry may be just what you need! I never got to meet Stewey other than in your blog, and I still miss him! I vote you mourn Stewey, say goodbye to old career clothes, and work toward a parking space in the garage! Then settle in the happy chair with a comforting drink, like the crackpot Spinster fireplace, and enjoy a weekend well lived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good cry, purge/get rid of those clothes and other items that don't work with the 'new' Coni, and then have a peaceful remainder of the weekend with your stitching, friends, and JB. Thinking of you, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are sorting yourself out big time! Good going! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving that wip! And a cry is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete