Sep 25, 2019

OUT. OF. WHACK.

Dang it. I really am not right in the head, Dearies.

(Pause for eye roll and utterance of a big fat "DUH").

It's Wednesday, but I find myself in full-fret mode about the weekend. I think what it boils down to is my propensity for making everything harder than it has to be and wanting to make everybody's visit here a super colossal VIP experience. I forget that not everybody needs to be impressed...especially not the two friends that are coming...but still I find myself on the Pinterest looking at recipes and table settings like a crazy person.

What can I say? I like to make it nice.

I also need to remind myself that I've got my hands full just staying upright, so nobody is going to be disappointed if I say "Nope...can't do it like the old days, kids." and we just eat at a restaurant.

It really must be the moon or something, because my podmates are all out of sorts too. Some are not feeling well, some are quieter than usual, and some are not happy to be here. We lost another one of us (the lady that I asked you to pray for), and I suspect that we are all feeling a bit shell-shocked over the loss. Five of my compadres have passed since I started. That's too many to process, but statistically what happens. I just wish there was a way to fix it.

My eating plan has been a bit off also, but today my gain was only minimal and I am back on track. I see the surgeon on November 21, so now is not the time to quit! Salad, salad, salad! And I need to get myself on that darn treadmill!

Stitchy-wise, I am verging on a slump, so I have promised myself some studio time on Sunday evening. Maybe it's time to switch it up a bit and pull Fall and Halloween things. Either that, or maybe it's time to re-visit canvas work or needlepoint?

So that's it for me today. Sorry to be out of sorts, but I suppose it is what it is. Please don't worry...things will be right as rain again soon and I will climb back atop my glittery unicorn and jump the rainbow!

Happy Wednesday! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!


10 comments:

  1. So sorry for your losses....yes, it does seem to be a time of adjustment that isn't too smooth for everyone....just keep doing what you're doing, focus on the long-term, celebrate each little victory and don't sweat the tiny stuff if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni,
    I hate to see you struggle so. Try Pinterest for the free weight watchers recipes and ideas. Weight watchers is a very real program. The program allows free food such as eggs, chicken, seafood, turkey, vegs & fruits. The point system counts other foods that have the possibility of overeating or high calorie. It really, really works. It may be worth it for you to do a month (they have it online so you don't have to go to meetings) and then decide from there if it works for you. It's about $45/month but you would know after a month if it works for you and you can cancel anytime. Check out the info.I have also used the app SparkPeople which is free on the IPhone. I love it as the end of the day, not only does it do all your calories, it breaks them down as to how much cholesteral, iron, fat, etc you ate that day. Only want to make your life a little easier. HOpe the info helps. I'm very proud of you for all your hard work and commitment. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to wanting to make a visitor's trip the best time of their life. But ... they're not coming to be impressed. They're coming to spend time with you, go to the football, have a break from their routine and relax. They wouldn't want you to go to a huge fuss, so keep reminding yourself to take it easy!

      Megan
      Sydney, Australia

      Delete
  3. Yup, "Megan from Australia" made a good point . . . they're coming to see YOU, not what you do!!! More important to save energy for them than to fuss over preparations.

    As for the stitching, I know I get a bit "out of sorts, and unfocused" when I'm between projects. Can't seem to control my "obsessive thinking," but I've learned that if I have a healthy passion (hand stitching tiny, tiny projectws, genealogy, etc.) that require concentration, I can at least control WHAT I obsess about. :)

    Love you posts, Coni! God bless. - Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad about your podmate. That plays a big part - it is a shock to all of you and grieving for a friend who is now sitting on a cloud playing rock and roll with her harp.
    I think friends love you and don't give a monkeys about how tidy you may or may not be - they come to see you not the tidiness. I say that only because husband is coming home and my last ditch session of getting the house in order. The only person who whinges at anything out of place is his mum - and I make it worse so that it irritates her to high heaven! LOL - my bad! She really isn't a nice person and it took me over 30 years to rebel! So don't fret, just potter. Housework burns a kazillion calories - and since you inspired me I've lost 7 pounds, a mere drop in the ocean as I've loads more to lose, but it's going in the right direction now! Thank you Conni xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah well, it must be something in the air. I am expecting friends next week and despite telling them it would be really simple, I am looking round for more to do. (It's the first meal for friends since I had two bouts of surgery). I know too that we have had friends who went to so much trouble when we visited them that they were exhausted and we felt guilty. Trying to get a balance here and wishing you the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. everybody has off days-relax-don't be so hard on yourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your podmate, that's terribly upsetting for everyone & would definitely contribute to feeling "out of sorts." I also agree about getting ready for guests- they're coming to see you & have a relaxing time, no need to exhaust yourself getting ready. Please take it easy on yourself. Hope you can relax today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, don't apologize for being a little out of sorts. It's exhausting wearing the Mary Sunshine face all the time. I know you have a cape hanging in your closet but try to remember you are only human~ a perfectly wonderful one! And that's who your friends want to see. Not pinterest imitations.
    I'm very sorry about the loss of a podmate

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never need to apologize to us about anything :)

    ReplyDelete