Apr 2, 2019

AND THEN IT WAS TUESDAY...

I've been spending an awful lot of time on Memory Lane lately.  I don't know if it's the time if year, or the Lima, Ohio Memories page on the Facebook, or just me getting older...but I find myself missing my mom and dad more fiercely than ever and wishing they were here.

Or maybe it's the date today...April 2. My Uncle Connie's birthday. I miss him terribly also, and can still hear him chuckle as he asked about Stewey's latest shenanagins. As God is my witness, I can smell Juicy Fruit gum every single time I think of him.

(Uncle Connie...not Stewey.)

(Thoughts of Stewey make me smell Johnson's Baby Shampoo.)


(Damn dog.)

Treatment just...sucked...yesterday. I really wish I knew what the heck is causing me to get so sick, but until we figure it out or I find a new place to play I'm going to have to live with the torture of those needles and the zombie apocalypse that follows.

I did manage to stitch a bit last night. Grasshopper Pie brings me so much joy...I can't begin to tell you. 

Flosstube, looking at stitchy pics and blogs, and keeping up with all of you, Dearies, are also curing everything that ails me, so please allow me to send a very big very heartfelt thank you to those who put themselves out there in any form. Whether you host a YouTube channel or just write an occasional comment or note...you are my peoples, and I am so very thankful for you.

So Happy Tuesday, Friends! Do something fabulous and come tell me all about it!


Constantine Michael Loukos
April 2, 1936 - October 13, 2009
The Measure of Man
Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
Not what was his station, but had he a heart, and how did he play his God-given part?
Not what was his church nor what was his creed, but had he befriended those really in need?
Not what did the piece in the newspaper say, but how many were sorry when he passed away?
Was he ever ready with a word or good cheer, to bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
There are the units to measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.

10 comments:

  1. I am really loving the "Grasshopper Pie", and normally I'm not a big fan of the color green. I hope today is a better day for you. It's cold and rainy here today, but maybe the rain will wash away some of the sneezy pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention, but I'm assuming you were named after your uncle. If that poem is any indication of the man he was, you're VERY lucky to have been given his name. May he, your parents, and Stewey rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeedie, Miss Joanne! I am named for my Uncle Connie and Aunt JoAnn!

      Delete
  3. Here's a coincidence for you - April 2nd was my late mother's birthday too! And your poem for Uncle Connie (what a lovely smile!) certainly applies to her as well. Can't help missing them, can we, even though where our memories are, they are? So we try to celebrate their lives, and often succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grasshopper is a winner! Coni, have your treatments changed in any way to account for your reactions of late? Hope the doctors can figure it out. Your Uncle passed away on my birthday, so I will remember him in prayers of that day.
    What a beautiful dedication Measure of a Man is...Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Coni, wish you were feeling better! I’m just curious what do you think changing the dialysis facility would help? That poem made me cry, it reminded me of my dad, gone almost eight years. I miss him every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Miss Lenore! My current facility is incredibly short staffed and doesn't seem to be too worried about the actual patients in the chairs...we are numbers on a page and a lot is falling through the cracks. I am also having some problems with panic because of all if the chaos and inconsistency there, so hoping a smaller place will stop triggering me.

      Delete
  6. I only comment when I have had oodles of coffee so not too often, no blog, but I do have an instagram if you want to check it out....Very quilty and occasionally a cute pet. If I would stop stalking others' creations and make some of my own, perhaps I would be more entertaining! nikki_moshier

    ReplyDelete
  7. hoping today is a good day and you sit in your comfortable chair stitching happily away.

    ReplyDelete