Oct 18, 2018

THE RETURN OF SPINSTERSTILTSKIN

Oh, my goodnesss I'm tired!

I crashed pretty hard during treatment yesterday, came home and took a four hour nap, and then went back to bed after dinner and slept another eleven hours!

(Crashed means my blood pressure dropped and I basically "went to sleep" very quickly.)

No worries...it's all the result of blood pressure that's too low and a dry weight that needed to be adjusted. I saw the doc yesterday and we remedied both, I think. Hopefully a higher dry weight and a lower dose of Losartan will fix me up and I'll be right as rain once again.

Nothing new to report from this neck of the woods. It's cold and sunny today, so if the frost lifts off the pumpkins, we're going to attempt a round of golf. I'm a bit concerned about my left arm and its ability to swing a club, but if nothing else I can just ride in the cart and get some fresh air.

Before that, though, I need to spend a few hours at my desk and attend to paperwork and bills. I'm pretty excited to be able to sit there with all of my supplies gathered instead of at the dining table and everything hither and yon. My little cleaning marathon finally pays off!

Tomorrow is Rich's birthday, so there will be cake and something or other in a gift bag. What does one get a 63 year old who is perfectly happy watching sports and putting up with a broken down old spinster for fun? (Let's keep in mind, however, that I am a broken down old spinster on a budget, please.)

That stitchy bug is still flittering around, thank goodness. And for the first time in a long while I am stitching two things at once...one home and one away. Who knew how much fun that could be?

Well, I suppose that's quite enough rambling for the day, Dearies. I need to get myself together and start the day or we're going to end up burning daylight and it will be time to hit the big girl sleigh bed for another marathon snoozy session!

I hope you are well rested and cozy in your very own nook today. Come tell us all about it!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday tomorrow to Mr. JB! I think a wonderful gift would be a drive to a needlework store and a specially selected piece to work on. Oh wait, that is me and my birthday this weekend. But seriously, maybe he can pick out a piece from your not-started stash and you can make it for Christmas?

    Susan Anonymouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blessed Birthday to the Jersey Boy... and many more filled with health and well being....speaking of which, hope your BP
    concerns get resolved and that your arm will enable you to swing a few holes in one today.. Doesn't it feel great to get
    things accomplished in an ordered environ? The task goes more
    quickly and efficiently, with time left for stitching +....
    Have a wonderful day, Coni....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gift card to his favorite Pro Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On our recent trip to the USA, we wanted a gift for a 60 year old chap who has everything he needs. What on earth could we get hom? We think we nailed it with a packet of emu jerky! We challenged him to try some but he wanted to keep it intact as a souvenir. LOL. Now, you won't be able to get emu jerky sent over from Australia in time for Rich's birthday, but you could tell him that the order has been placed and it's on its way!

    Seriously - I hope you think of something he'll enjoy more than emu jerky.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Rich! Hope you two enjoyed your day together!

    ReplyDelete